When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Troublesome AP ROO Diver V3 purchase at Puretime

Guest lunarglide

Guest lunarglide

Had nothing but issues trying to purchase from Puretime. Poor communication all round really and decided to give up in the end. Strange as I had heard good things about them, in particular a chap named Angus.

Anyone know of anywhere else I can purchase AP ROO Diver V3 from!? Any dealers in Europe?

Cheers

Sorry to hear that mate.... but must say it really surprises me as I know Angus is a stand up guy and always willing to make an extra effort for us....

I am not sure why you might of had an issue... but you havent really given any details... perhaps you would care to explain more fully for the benefit of us all...

Were you emailing Lalia? ie puretime.sales@ etc

I am sorry lunarglide if you have not received our replies, some of our clients reported that our emails ended up in the spam folder. And you can always PM me if my staffs are not able to help you.

AP Diver V3 is on back order at the moment, if you can wait then please just place an order on my site and I will send QC pics once the stock arrives.

We were off on Sunday and Lalia was on sick leave on Monday, then we had a site down in the Monday evening, so it may caused the delay in reply.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Guest lunarglide

Too little too late I'm afraid, I've since bought elsewhere.

I suggest you have words with your staff about their appalling manners and lack of customer service!

And whats with all the Bridal website nonsense!?

I just place an order through Puretime for the first time and so far everything goes smoothly,

even they email your order status from the first day of your order untill the shipping with the tracking #

now I'm waiting for the watch to arrive, I hope the quality is the same as they described

cheers

......And whats with all the Bridal website nonsense!?

You are not serious mate are you?..... maybe you should give a little more thought to the reasoning behind that in this game.... plenty of dealers do similar...

For me mate that comment sums up the credence of your complaint...

You are not serious mate are you?..... maybe you should give a little more thought to the reasoning behind that in this game.... plenty of dealers do similar...

For me mate that comment sums up the credence of your complaint...

+1

Angus has bent over backwards for me. I can't say enough good things about him.

Im gonna hve to back this guy up as well. He always updates on any changes, very easy to work with, and he always goes that extra mile to make everything right.

If you buy from him with prejudgements, and waiting for a small screwup to blow it up, go buy elsewhere, do youself a favor.

I think also in relation to the rude comments/manners etc

I wonder if this might just be your expectation not being met.... an expectation based on dealing with retailers generally...

When I first starting contacting dealers... I too thought they were rude and curt... but I soon realised from good advice of the senior members here and getting to know the rep scene better that this was because I was dealing with:

People from a completely different culture

People whose first language isnt anything but a dialect of chinese (Mandarin etc)

This is the rep world

You rarely get chit chat or a sense of politeness in Western terms... these guys deal with hundreds of enquiries from all sorts... just imagine those who aint members on here but just shopping can you imagine the questions they ask??!! I imagine its bad enough from guys on here... but it must be much much worse from non members... employment isnt like we are used to and nor are the employees, basically they get caught they get some serious [censored].... if one person is sick then things slip, understandbly, and in this case emails become curter because there is a back log... I mean you only need to give it the smallest amount of thought to understand these sorts of issues that can effect us as the consumers...

And it happens to all dealers at some time or another... big, small, trusted.... everyone

Just going back a few years I can tell you how hard it was to deal with dealers.... no feedback, no updates, no QC pics, no replies, your order arrived when it arived assuming it did!! etc etc as far as the rep world goes we are spoilt here... we have dealers that work with us, resolve issues and provide a comparatively high level of service for this hobby...

Guys need to understand that these dealers arent shops that we are used to.... the rep world in GZ is a closed world. More recently China has really clamped down on these factories and dealers... it is very hard to deal under the current climate... hence the non related websites... ;)

If you could only see these factories you would understand. One good dealer today could be considered the worst by some next week and those considered bad by some today could be the worlds best next week....

Add to that, us as customers and what we expect rightly or wrongly and you have a very subjective and changing opinion about dealers ..

I have experienced near enough every single dealer on here and they have all been good guys to deal with or rather work with to meet my wants and needs.. :)

Edited by PeteM

Well said PeteM

I agree with everything u said

My guess is this op got [censored] because the watch he ordered and paid for was out of stock and they couldn't tell him when new stock would be in

That is now part of the game as well, especially on a new release / popular watch from the noob factory

Yeah Angus has always been good to me to. Great guy to deal with always comes through

Seems people are forgetting this is in most countries an illegal business and rep dealers are taking risks.

Its not that you walk in a store and bark people around.

be glad they are around to southe our needs!

@PeteM good to see you around again mate!

I think also in relation to the rude comments/manners etc

I wonder if this might just be your expectation not being met.... an expectation based on dealing with retailers generally...

When I first starting contacting dealers... I too thought they were rude and curt... but I soon realised from good advice of the senior members here and getting to know the rep scene better that this was because I was dealing with:

People from a completely different culture

People whose first language isnt anything but a dialect of chinese (Mandarin etc)

This is the rep world

You rarely get chit chat or a sense of politeness in Western terms... these guys deal with hundreds of enquiries from all sorts... just imagine those who aint members on here but just shopping can you imagine the questions they ask??!! I imagine its bad enough from guys on here... but it must be much much worse from non members... employment isnt like we are used to and nor are the employees, basically they get caught they get some serious [censored].... if one person is sick then things slip, understandbly, and in this case emails become curter because there is a back log... I mean you only need to give it the smallest amount of thought to understand these sorts of issues that can effect us as the consumers...

And it happens to all dealers at some time or another... big, small, trusted.... everyone

Just going back a few years I can tell you how hard it was to deal with dealers.... no feedback, no updates, no QC pics, no replies, your order arrived when it arived assuming it did!! etc etc as far as the rep world goes we are spoilt here... we have dealers that work with us, resolve issues and provide a comparatively high level of service for this hobby...

Guys need to understand that these dealers arent shops that we are used to.... the rep world in GZ is a closed world. More recently China has really clamped down on these factories and dealers... it is very hard to deal under the current climate... hence the non related websites... ;)

If you could only see these factories you would understand. One good dealer today could be considered the worst by some next week and those considered bad by some today could be the worlds best next week....

Add to that, us as customers and what we expect rightly or wrongly and you have a very subjective and changing opinion about dealers ..

I have experienced near enough every single dealer on here and they have all been good guys to deal with or rather work with to meet my wants and needs.. :)

Couldn't have summed it up better than that! :)

So it would seem that in the past service was pretty bad , you got what they set you no pics, & were lucky if you got a watch in 2 months, horror stories abound etc. ( I have been reading)

As PeteM has so eloquently made this clear let me ask "what was the catalyst for change" I ask because I have not been into watches long enough to know. I do however have a theory: one dealer figured you know I can have more market share & demand a premium price by hiring a person to talk to my customers in a timely fashion & if I give QC pics WOW I can be top dealer. Well everybody got on the band wagon not to be out done. Capitalism at work.

Now things are worlds better and long time collectors will tell newbies "Hey be thankful quit your disparaging attacks on dealers you have no idea", but let us not be complacent it is better but it can improve. Who shall be the next dealer to step up his game with even better outcomes for buyers. The guy who wants to get more business & increase his profits, capitalism at work. Greed is sometimes good.

What say you?

I bought my AP diver V3 from puretime and everything went smoothly, every time I have a question, they reply with in 24 hours. Bought a few watch since then, I also have referred friends to angus's website and both of them have no problem whatsoever. My advice is be patience and treat them with respect and you won't be disappointed. Just my 2 cents.