When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RockaRep vanished

dark

Yes, i noticed a few sales threads when the account with three abbr. letters seemed to be interested in a watch just to bump the topic. Like in the 187 pam. And a few other moments. But looking at his excellent feedback i didnt heaitate to buy from him myself. I think it was only fair to address, rules are rules. I was banned for a more ridiculous reasons on other forums.

Hope his stuff comes back in sales section.

I was wondering why he wasn't responding to my PMs. I usually browse the forums on TapaTalk on my iPhone & iPad and it doesn't say if/when members are banned.

I am pretty bummed because he said he had a few rep pam asso straps for deployant and I wanted one, but now I can't contact him.

Guest G.S.W.

You can reach RockArep at this email.

removed by the admin team

(if you have been banned, it seems highly inappropriate to post an outside way of contacting you for builds)

OEM means OEM and there is not one person or Peteral that could show otherwise. You can not fake OEM parts. You can go read the response post made to Marlin22 post agsint RockArep

PLEASE know that if you send PM's to this account as ROCKAREP will not be the one responding so please use the email

No you cant fake OEM parts but you can imply that they are more expensive Panerai OEM parts rather than ETA which is the maker of the panerai parts in these non in house movement watches, and there is no difference in the working parts in the movements.

Oh man! This whole OEM thing is kinda making my head spin. So Breitling Cal. 13 movements are not OEM Breitling because ETA makes them? So we need to say authentic Breitling cal. 13 movement OEM ETA. Theoretically it may be correct but there sure is some ambiguity about that term OEM.

Not really that ambiguous unless of course sellers deliberately make it so.

OEM parts means Original Equipment/Engineering Manufacturers. Which in this case of movement "upgrades" means ETA not Panerai as was one of the two ethical issues this guy was called out on.

As to your Breitling example, like many others, Omega, Heuer etc, they use base movements from ETA or Zenith but once they go beyond a cosmetic rebadge or rotor decoration, such as adding modules or similar works modifications, then you can say it's 'their' movement regardless of the base movement origin. The problem here is the sort of bits this seller was touting as OEM were generic movement parts and thus not Panerai.

In the car world, things are clearer. OEM means the manufacturer subcontracted by the car marques to supply parts for rebranding. Pagid supply Audi/VW brake pads and discs for example.