When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Doxa!

offshore

It's a beauty but up for sale right now too is the VERY rare "silver shark", it's a silver dialed Sharkhunter. Very very very rare.

Can't understand that one, its on a repeat auction run. Either it didn't get a bid last auction, or he pulled it before the end and has relisted.

If it didn't get a bid...no one thinks its worth a lot!!!!!!!

O/S

W,

I believe that you are correct. there was a real feeding frenzy a couple of years ago,and any old POS, beat to hell Doxa would bring a ton of bids and a big price. i think that interest in them, like with a lot of other watches has waned.All of them get their moment in the sun, and then back into the shadows!

I believe that there will always be a strong market for rare pieces in really great condition by serious collectors, the mediocre ones will go begging. Another thing that perhaps has happened, people have rcognized that there just aren't any parts available for the Doxa Subs anymore. I had one that sat at RGM, who at the time was the Doxa certified repair agent in the USA, for over a year and finally was sent back to me unrepaired because they couldn't get the parts.Doxa went through several owners, out of business ,reopening, during the bad old days when the quartz craze almost tanked the Swiss watch industry. No one knows what happened to the spare parts, records, etc. All that is really known is they aren't available. Also Doxa changed designs and specs every time they re-emerged witha new owner. It's really maddening, over the ten or so years that they were in production, Doxa produced over 30 bezels for the Subs. none of them are marked, no serial numbers, no parts numbers, so you are flying blind. They all look the same superficially, but none of them are interchangable! I really like the brand, but i finally gave up, it was too frustrating trying to get one restored.