When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2824 in a TW 16610

jpz5142

I am looking at a top quality 2824-2 from Ofrei to fit in my TW 16610. I think that I have seen a few 16610 with a 2824 fitted inside. I have just a few questions, does the 2824 indeed fit inside a TW? Are the movements on Ofrei recycled? and if so I suppose they would be best to have a service?

Any input is appreciated.

Mostly was looking for a more accurate movement like a top grade. It's a great watch and nothing wrong with the movement was just wondering if anybody had put a Chrono grade mvmt in their rep, suppose it defeats the "cheaper" pointy of getting a rep in the first place

Mostly was looking for a more accurate movement like a top grade. It's a great watch and nothing wrong with the movement was just wondering if anybody had put a Chrono grade mvmt in their rep, suppose it defeats the "cheaper" pointy of getting a rep in the first place

I see your point.

Keep in mind that simply because the eta 2836-2 hasn't been put through the extra man-hours of performing a COSC regulation doesn't mean it's not capable of being regulated to be within COSC specs.

Fact is most genuine swiss 25j, 28,800 bph eta mvts are capable :)

i tried putting a 2836 in a case that was for rolex movements the alignment seemed off by almost a millimeter in the crown tube. you could probably screw it down though with some serious tension on the crown stem, which may not be good for the watch. im wondering if i removed the dial spacer (since this is for a no date sub case, wont work on a date model) if it would improve the situation...

but if all youre interested is a "top grade" movement , seriously just keep the 2836 or get TCs case and put in a 2892 A2 (which is what omegas use and is almost or equal to a rolex 3135) $400 total (case+movmnt), better case, better workhorse of a movement thats compatible with gen OMEGA parts

All good thoughts, I saw the 2824 as a "top grade" at Ofrei as they did not have a "top grade" 2836 or else I would go with that. The top grade has the Glucydur balence and the higher grade alloy Anchron hairspring. If the 2836 has a top grade mvmt I'd go for that.

I also have just given thought to scrapping the mvmt project and getting an Omega 42mm PO...