When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More 6542 ! How about this?

panerai153

• 2 weeks later...

The details that convince me come from Stefano's macro shots. It's clear the white-with-black dials were produced with the same pad that printed the black-with-gilt dials. So either Rolex made the dials or someone got Rolex's pads and made the dials using genuine materials. Either way I'm convinced the white dial exists as a genuine Rolex piece.

post-32-0-32473900-1343834308_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-01352500-1343834315_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-66111400-1343834325_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-85948700-1343834332_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-58743900-1343834339_thumb.jpg

Yes i have read all that info! But isent it strange way rolex are so quiet about it? Way havent they confirmed it?

It has always been Rolex's policy not to confirm or deny anything relating to the design, construction or success of their products that has not been officially announced or put into print.

Freddy is correct. Ther have been some discussionbs over on the VRF that have gotten pretty heated, to say the least. One paragraph ,sometimes one sentence from Rolex SA would put every one of these arguments to rest, but unfortunately, Rolex will not comment.

Until someone comes up with irrefutible evidence that these were real, and that the PanAm story is true, the saga of the White dial will be open to speculation. It is strange that someone, a widow, child of a a PanAm executive,or even someone who worked for panAm during that era hasn't come forward with some sort of documentation that these were actually real and were indeed distributed to executives of PanAm. Time is running short however, the folks who actually worked for PanAm during this time, and would have been senior enough to have been working in the executive offices of PAnAM would probably be in their late 70's or 80's.

I read somewhere that all the remaining records of PanAm are archived in the library at the University of Florida. Possibly someone who has a lot of free time on their hands and lives around Gainsville, will go through the archives and attempt to find any records of the purchase of the watches.

It is strange that someone, a widow, child of a a PanAm executive,or even someone who worked for panAm during that era hasn't come forward with some sort of documentation that these were actually real and were indeed distributed to executives of PanAm.

I sometimes wonder if Rolex might have imposed a legal restriction (in exchange for financial remuneration) on agreements with some celebrities & high-profile individuals that block them from discussing details of acquisitions from or involvement with Rolex. For years, the source of the 65xx Sub worn by Sean Connery in the early Bond movies has been the subject of numerous hot debates within (& without) collecting circles & there have been numerous attempts to get Sean Connery to spill the beans (I know this from 1st-hand experience because I have a friend who knows Connery & he has yet to get any meaningful response on the subject out of the 007 star). However, he has said nothing. So, while it would seem logical that someone with direct knowledge of the albino 'Master would have spoken up by now, when it comes to Rolex, logic does not always work.