When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JL Navy Seals arrives

denimhead

When i ordered the watch the idea was for it to replace my Franken 1665 as an everyday wearer. Weirdly enough I actually tried on the Gen last weekend as the AD in Nottingham had one in stock.

Onto the watch, I actually don't think the dealers website pictures do the watch justice and by far its the nicest rep I've seen to date,simple as. They've nailed it in terms of a £285.00 rep against a £5000.00 Gen in my humble opinion. The dial is pin sharp, the case finish is beautiful and the watch appears to be waterproof! It had its initiation in the bath this morning. There were some initial concerns regarding the caseback engravings, in reality they look the same in terms of depth as the Gen.

If you were on the fence about the watch then I'd suggest pushing the button. You really won't be disappointed. The strap is also a work of art,but mine will live on one of my beloved G10 straps. Best bit for me? The ghost hands disappear against the dial, simply beautiful.

post-12988-0-27109100-1342606602_thumb.j

post-12988-0-86831400-1342606607_thumb.j

post-12988-0-49861100-1342606612_thumb.j

post-12988-0-20454700-1342606617_thumb.j

post-12988-0-15993000-1342606623_thumb.j

Looks good mate... Congrats..

These do look very nice.... the only thing is in the gen pics I have seen on RF there is a lume sweep marker up by the 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock... the lume shots I saw of it had it lumed a different colour to the rest ...... like this.... Is it the pic??

As an aside here are some similar gen shots for comparison... Hope thats OK mate

You got a good one denimhead, cracking dial and bezel. They definitely nailed that one. Some of the initial ones 1 out of every 2 or 3 had really shoddy triangle bezel lume, ...and I'm not a significant nitpicker with reps, but it looked like it was applied by a 5 year old child, which was a shame because the dials were amazingly well done. They are tiding them up! Enjoy!

You got a good one denimhead, cracking dial and bezel. They definitely nailed that one. Some of the initial ones 1 out of every 2 or 3 had really shoddy triangle bezel lume, ...and I'm not a significant nitpicker with reps, but it looked like it was applied by a 5 year old child, which was a shame because the dials were amazingly well done. They are tiding them up! Enjoy!

Hi Cougar,

I rejected the first one that Angus initially offered me due to the for mentioned Luming of the triangle. This one is much better.

Looks good mate... Congrats..

These do look very nice.... the only thing is in the gen pics I have seen on RF there is a lume sweep marker up by the 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock... the lume shots I saw of it had it lumed a different colour to the rest ...... like this.... Is it the pic??

As an aside here are some similar gen shots for comparison... Hope thats OK mate

Hi Pete, The triangle is Lumed Green and the rest is Lumed blue as per Gen

Cheers DH

Thanks for reply DH

So it has got that blue lume sweep on the rep?

Also is there any chance you could post a comparison pic with another watch.... I have heard these wear big for a 42mm but not seen anything to scale it by

Hope you dont mind me asking mate :)

Thanks for reply DH

So it has got that blue lume sweep on the rep?

Also is there any chance you could post a comparison pic with another watch.... I have heard these wear big for a 42mm but not seen anything to scale it by

Hope you dont mind me asking mate :)

Hi Pete,

Yes the seconds hand is blue lumed. It actually doesn't wear any bigger than my 1665, its thinner and certainly doesn't feel 'too big' as I'm not a fan of the over sized 44mm stuff. My wrists are simply too small to pull them off! Hopefully you can get a better idea from the pictures.

Cheers

post-12988-0-87235500-1342616089_thumb.j

post-12988-0-09552300-1342616111_thumb.j

post-12988-0-90468700-1342616153_thumb.j

It looks great on the NATO strap. I have a similar strap incoming for my NSD but so far I really love the rubber bracelet more than I thought I would. This has become a favorite. I want to get another to keep one on NATO and one on bracelet so I don't have to choose ;)

• 3 weeks later...