When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ProHunter Ceramic Sub - Needs Help.

imajedi

I purchased my first Rolex Rep and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I got the ProHunter Blk Ceramic Bezel Submariner on the bracelet from Josh. This was my first Rolex and I absolutely love the quality and finish of the other reps I bought but this thing has problems.

Questions:

1. Can you take the bezel off this thing? The black ceramic insert on the PVD looks terrible and basically plastic and I want to swap it for something with a little color. This is a FNoob Factory Product and Josh's website says the bezel has the same rotating mechanism as the original. I know on some reps you can't remove the bezel but does anyone know where this rep falls? Any pointers on how to get it off? I already watched a few YouTube videos but I can assure you this thing is on there seriously and wedging something in there doesn't work. I already dented the case trying to pry it off.

2. Will this take a gen crystal? The lack of AR on the cyclops is awful and I also think the cyclops is misaligned over the date window. It would be easier to read the date with no cyclops. I know "Big Crown" has made some double AR coated replacement crystals and it is a must for me if it will fit.

3. What's the best way to fix the misalligned date problem? The dates 1-14 are ok but get progressively worse going up to about 27. I know there is an overlay that people use. Is it that simple? Does anyone have a link where I can get an overlay?

All in all my first Rolex rep and my first disappointing rep. I now appreciate why people go to TC and BK for Rollies. If this is the only alternative than no one would get Rolex reps. at all.

I wouldn't recommend this rep to anyone but in fairness I will say the lume is amazing and the 2836 really makes the second hand sweep nicely. Other than that I struggle to find anything....the bracelet is certainly never going to be used.

Thanks in advance guys.

post-44349-0-94797000-1342746998_thumb.j

the bezel insert is standard among the Noob SubC line, be it the PVD or the regular steel versions. they are not plastic but ceramic. as for the date overlay problem, it may be the overlay is not properly set, any watchrepair guy with experience in ETA can do that. even if the datewheel is misaligned it can be remedied. what can we expect it's a rep, i have lived by the flaws of my subc but its still my daily wear because i simply liked the design. if ever the more correct subc hit the market, i'll surely get one

cyclops is not misaligned its the overlay or the datewheel itself, an easy fix.

I purchased my first Rolex Rep and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I got the ProHunter Blk Ceramic Bezel Submariner on the bracelet from Josh. This was my first Rolex and I absolutely love the quality and finish of the other reps I bought but this thing has problems.

Questions:

1. Can you take the bezel off this thing? The black ceramic insert on the PVD looks terrible and basically plastic and I want to swap it for something with a little color. This is a FNoob Factory Product and Josh's website says the bezel has the same rotating mechanism as the original. I know on some reps you can't remove the bezel but does anyone know where this rep falls? Any pointers on how to get it off? I already watched a few YouTube videos but I can assure you this thing is on there seriously and wedging something in there doesn't work. I already dented the case trying to pry it off.

2. Will this take a gen crystal? The lack of AR on the cyclops is awful and I also think the cyclops is misaligned over the date window. It would be easier to read the date with no cyclops. I know "Big Crown" has made some double AR coated replacement crystals and it is a must for me if it will fit.

3. What's the best way to fix the misalligned date problem? The dates 1-14 are ok but get progressively worse going up to about 27. I know there is an overlay that people use. Is it that simple? Does anyone have a link where I can get an overlay?

All in all my first Rolex rep and my first disappointing rep. I now appreciate why people go to TC and BK for Rollies. If this is the only alternative than no one would get Rolex reps. at all.

I wouldn't recommend this rep to anyone but in fairness I will say the lume is amazing and the 2836 really makes the second hand sweep nicely. Other than that I struggle to find anything....the bracelet is certainly never going to be used.

Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks for the info amespinosa. I understand the insert is ceramic but I still want to change it because I just don't like it. Any idea if that bezel will come off and if so how it comes off?

Any idea if this thing will take a gen crystal so I can drop in one with an AR cyclops?

I also love the design of the Sub, I was just very disappointed in the quality of this rep compared to the other reps I've received. It felt and looked fake.

You can get the bezel off but chances are, you'll scratch the cheap PVD coat and bend bezel in the process. You can try to loosen the bezel with a razor blade, working gently around the head just don't scratch it. Once the bezel comes off the crystal will come off easly, then you can measure it and maybe swap it out with a clark or gen. It's too bad it's such a lemon. Date wheel should be an easy fix depending on whats going in there. TC sell high quality ones for $20.