When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7922 Big Crown

Nanuq

Well guys the bug has hit again and I think I need a Tudor 7922BC.

I've got a couple nice gens that never get wrist time. I'm willing to trade if you've got a nice 7922.

Anyone? :Jumpy:

E, I have one of those bezels, a gen exactly like that. But I sent it to someone so they could test-fit it on their watch and now I can't remember who's got it! Maybe they'll see this post and send it back.

Try Natalie... she has some new pieces that are plated brass alloy and darn close to gen.

Have you looked at CWP? I got a 6536 steel bezel from them that's pretty close to the 6538 knurling, and not much like a 6536. It's yours if it will fit your case. Send some measurements for your retaining ring O.D. and I'll mic mine up.

I'll get to it tomorrow. As you probably know, I'm a cheap bastard, but certain things cannot be skimmed on. I think the Tudor big crown is a great watch overall, plus, because of its rarity, it can be a better build than say a 6200. I was even thinking of calling it good and just finish the 5513 case and reusing the bezel assembly after aging it and call it a military Tudor big crown with the modern bezel, but it won't look as good as the notched bezel.

Thanks brother and I will PM you later tonight.

E

I have always thought Tudor's Mercedes-handed, Rose Subs are much prettier than Rolex's. Add a big crown & you have a real stunner.

I am awaiting a made-to-order dial from Phong for my Tudor 7016/0. Unfortunately, the last 2 attempts left alot to be desired. But if his factory ever gets it right............... :wub:

Alright Chiman12, sell me the watch or ......... um ........ something bad will happen. Really bad, I'm telling you.

You'll get cooties and your dog will pee on your carpet! :o

Avoid all that heartache by saying (repeat after me) "YES I WILL TRADE THIS TO NANUQ FOR HIS GEN........"

Would you consider a manual wind big crown? 7924 as was discussed last year is a stunner and an easy build if you have the right parts.

E

Absolutely! Where do I sign up? A big fat crown like that just begs to be wound all day long.

Alright Chiman12, sell me the watch or ......... um ........ something bad will happen. Really bad, I'm telling you.

You'll get cooties and your dog will pee on your carpet!

Too late B! Been there....done and had that!!!

Wow Chiman!

Specs??? Specs??

It is a franken...Tudor 390, Yuki case and 7206 bracelet, custom NDT dial and relumed Cousins hands. In particular, I wanted a 100m dial for the build...so commisioned Natalie to print one for me.

B...have you looked at the Yuki site lately? They have a full 7922 watch for sale...

http://www.yukiwatch.com/index.html

Well I learned something last night, I don't want a 7922 after all. I want the 7924! Mo bedda depth rating and etc.

Where's the thread about the 7924 build from last year? This I gotta see. :drool:

This weekend I'm refreshing my diving and adding up a rescue diver cert as well. Man I missed the water.

The dial in the project watch came from Chi and it's beat up further by me.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

I keep getting compliments on the Seiko 7002 though ;)

E

Seiko shmeiko, let's see this Big Crown! :Jumpy:

Good luck with your certs. I've got 1,000 hrs commercial diving and it's easy to miss the water when you've been dry too long.

• 2 months later...