When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK 048 Improvements

mLuMaN83

So I'll be 29 this month and I will be getting an MBK 048 for myself as a gift. This is the first watch I have bought in 3 years so so I'm a little rusty with things.

What are some easy improvements that I can make to the MBK? Im going to be picking up a gen burgundy croc with deployment at some point and maybe changing the date wheel.

Feel like a noob all over again. I know there are a few 048 masters around.... "w0lf"...... cough cough.

Thanks.

Most important ones are a Taka/Leo 7750 DW and a better dial (old EL or gen). Have been scanning around for the latter for several months now myself... Btw, the caseback on the one I got from Reg a while back lacked model/year and serial engraved, do share if yours come the same way.

There are a few gen dials that pop up on the bay..cheapest are some guy in Finland.. but also try Vanni... more expensive but can get a few... plus hands

As you mentioned Mike.... if you check his past content he has done a few write ups on these..so you can pick and mix.. so to speak.. :) Then there is Al and Gilbert as I recall

Domi has been involved in a few franken projects of late using the MBKs.... I have seen some of his reworkings of the CG and case etc... best one I saw was a 119 with gen dial and crystal..

Reg can probably pick you a good one out at the mo as he is over there...plus you can get a cheaper version from MBK thats good f you are parting for a project.. same CG case etc just crappier dial etc

• Like 1

guys, is LEO still around? I tried to get in touch with him for a DW for a PAM 49 but never got an answer via pm...

No mate... only in the sales sections now ;)

• 5 months later...