When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big thanks to the USA...my home away from home

krpster

Hello members at large

I just wanted to shout out to all the Americans on the forum to say thanks for your kindness and hospitality.

Three years ago I was approached by my boss with the opportunity to gain valuable "growth experience" within my company. However this meant relocating myself and my very supportive family from our cozy abode in Ontario Canada to the new and strange land of Kentucky USA. A daunting adventure but one we embarked upon all the same.

Well the time has just flown by and the new and strange land quickly grew to become our home. We have had many great experiences here, including the birth of our wonderful daughter. It is a beautiful area and we love it dearly. The people here are very friendly and welcoming. Overall it has been a fantastic place to live and raise our family.

But alas, our time here has come to an end and we must now return to our home land in the great white north. I sit here writing this post amongst the chaos of all our belongings being sorted and packed into boxes and crates. Lots of fun :bangin:

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks. You have a great place here. Take care of her ;)

See you soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for coming, krpster. America's doors are always open.

Too bad you never got to the REALLY nice part of America..... just head northwest and drive until you can't drive any more.

Kentucky ... inventor of the toothbrush. The rest of America uses a teethbrush.

1308927704.jpg

I think I know that guy :)

Thanks for coming, krpster. America's doors are always open.

Too bad you never got to the REALLY nice part of America..... just head northwest and drive until you can't drive any more.

Kentucky ... inventor of the toothbrush. The rest of America uses a teethbrush.

1308927704.jpg

Nice. If you ever leave you will be amazed at how emotionally attached you are for that very reason. Didn't realize myself until the house was empty and I locked the door for the last time on my way out. :(

Also a transplant from Ontario but living in Los Angeles. Probably not quite as friendly or hospitable as Kentucky, but it's been great living here and this is where I met my wife ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Once while in Cincinatti, I drove over the bridge to Covington Ky.....Just to say I had been there...I made a U turn in @ 100 yds, and came back... :clap2: :clap2:

Covington is so so. You have to get down to Lexington to really appreciate KY. Beautiful rolling hills with lush trees and horse farms everywhere with white fences. Really is quite something.

photo_kentucky.jpg

I actually spend some time every year in your neck of the woods. We do a family trip down to Ft Myers for a few weeks each Feb. Just great down there. Much like Canada, and maybe even more so, the US is such a diverse country geographically speaking. A lot to see and do. Very fortunate y'all ;)