When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG 6265 6263 vintage Daytona build tutorial!

janeto72

Auẞergewöhnlich.

Wonderful.

The King of watches. Though, for that amount I'd have waited to cash in a little more and get the gen.

But.

The search for the parts and, most important, the building process justifies the money/effort (I'm also a modeler :thumbup: )

M, I was able to source a gen NOS Superdome T21...... :)

Me too!  I was going to sell it to you!  ;)

The search for the parts and, most important, the building process justifies the money/effort (I'm also a modeler :thumbup: )

The other important thing is being able to get the end result looking EXACTLY as you wanted.  While it's true that you could buy a gen and tweak it by swapping out some parts, there would be big mental obstacles preventing me from doing so!

Even though this build is outrageous in cost....I was  still able to stay within my budget with room to spare...The search for the parts and the building process justifies the effort/cost....and i'm stil not finished...LOL!!!

I have to say this build was easy enough.The only major mods that were done was the retapping of the case to accept the gen  pushers and crown tube and the slight modding of the case and case lugs to accept the gen endlinks.The funny thing is that the case was brought within the Rolex +/- spec of tolerence for their parts for this particular  Daytona 6263 case set.Which tells me that Phong's case is pretty much as close to gen as your gonna get in looks and dimensions....

Auẞergewöhnlich.

Wonderful.

The King of watches. Though, for that amount I'd have waited to cash in a little more and get the gen.

But.

M,

why were you holding out on me...lol!!!!

Me too!  I was going to sell it to you!  ;)

The other important thing is being able to get the end result looking EXACTLY as you wanted.  While it's true that you could buy a gen and tweak it by swapping out some parts, there would be big mental obstacles preventing me from doing so!

Thaks Bro for the kind words....Yes the P301 pushers are the icing on the cake..definately bringing this build to a new level......

Wow mate, speechless, one of the best franken Daytona for sure... the P301 are icing on the cake !!!  :pimp:

Big congrats !  :clap2:

Can't wait to post some photos of mine... soon...

• 4 weeks later...

it's interesting to see several of us going pretty much all out and building these superfranken's..... :) .....i'm wondering if or how long i'll keep mine for...i've entertained afew offers on it but nothing has materialed as of yet....

You seriously thinking about selling it ? :(

Don't do this mate, you'll regret it !!!

Valty,

i probably have about $13,500.00 USD into it right now...with the superdome, and period correct clasp and period correct endlinks i'll have $14,500.00 USD into it....or about 50% of the price of a gen....plus all my gen parts were NOS pieces....so if someone is willing to give me at least 90% of what I have into it, I would probably sell it..but so far I haven't had that type of offer.... :g:

Valty,

i probably have about $13,500.00 USD into it right now...with the superdome, and period correct clasp and period correct endlinks i'll have $14,500.00 USD into it....or about 50% of the price of a gen....plus all my gen parts were NOS pieces....so if someone is willing to give me at least 90% of what I have into it, I would probably sell it..but so far I haven't had that type of offer.... :g:

Yes you have many many money into this build, I understand what you are feeling about it.....!

I feel it will be kinda hard to sell this build... There is so many money involved in !!!

I probably will consider it if I had not my 6265 and the incoming 6240........ ;)

But all in all, 50% of the gen price is good anyways for basically the *same* watch, except the 727 and the gen case !

PS: if you have advises about what tools are needed to retap / redo the threads for the pushers, it will be appreciated, I just can't live with the aftermarket pushers on my 6265 lol...

Yes you have many many money into this build, I understand what you are feeling about it.....!

I feel it will be kinda hard to sell this build... There is so many money involved in !!!

I probably will consider it if I had not my 6265 and the incoming 6240........ ;)

But all in all, 50% of the gen price is good anyways for basically the *same* watch, except the 727 and the gen case !

PS: if you have advises about what tools are needed to retap / redo the threads for the pushers, it will be appreciated, I just can't live with the aftermarket pushers on my 6265 lol...

I would have to ask The Zigmeister about what tap sizes he used..unless some else could chime in...I never did get a 100% answer from anyone during my build...

I would have to ask The Zigmeister about what tap sizes he used..unless some else could chime in...I never did get a 100% answer from anyone during my build...

My watchmaker told me it's 2,5mm - but I don't know much more about it... Thanks for asking mate :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Valty,

Hi janeto , you still have this piece ?