When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mods for Pam 390

fingersxd

does anyone know if the movement in H-factory PAM 390 is a time bomb because of the running sec at 3?

I've heard from some that the n factory's movement is better? Not sure. Hope someone here can clarify

Hi, yes-this seems to be true. But I've heard it's only exploding when you are standing near an apple tree, whilst jumping on one feet singing "La Paloma"....

Yep....390N is fine otb but if you're super picky like me there are tons of things that need modding.

Here's what I did:

- Noob case

- Shorter hex crown tube

- OEM crown

- OEM CG

- Sapphire with colorless AR (the original had purple AR)

- DSN 390N hands

- Flattened and polished cannon pinion

P8213185-1.jpg

Just beautiful....I don't know why would anyone want to buy a gen......this is stunning.

does anyone know if the movement in H-factory PAM 390 is a time bomb because of the running sec at 3?

It depends on how the factory worker disabled the seconds hand pinion. If it is still in the watch, clipped off but running then it is potentially a problem. If it was removed completely then no problem.

Yep....390N is fine otb but if you're super picky like me there are tons of things that need modding.

Here's what I did:

- Noob case

- Shorter hex crown tube

- OEM crown

- OEM CG

- Sapphire with colorless AR (the original had purple AR)

- DSN 390N hands

- Flattened and polished cannon pinion

Where did you get the shorter hex tube if I may know?

Does a noob CG fit on the H-fac case?

Is the noob case set really any better than h-facs?

Nope. You have to file it. It is best to get the whole noob case. CB is interchangeable. I have a 390 in the mail from josh. Mine seems to have the same CG lever issue where it is not level with the surrounding metal when closed.

Nope. You have to file it. It is best to get the whole noob case. CB is interchangeable. I have a 390 in the mail from josh. Mine seems to have the same CG lever issue where it is not level with the surrounding metal when closed.

Here's my 390... Noob cg on the HF case. Fit fine without any filing necessary.

390bbb.jpg

• Like 1

why is running second hand a problem?

The pinion is often clipped off with diagonal cutters leaving the sharp rough end to grind at the jewel and plate, and when or if it eventually breaks loose it will release the power of the main spring all in one moment, utterly destroying the hands, dial, and movement.