When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All hands on deck!

TeeJay

Decking... Watch hands... :bangin:

Just thought I'd post up a new collection group photo, as it struck me that I finally have a rather handsome (IMHO :whistling: ) collection once more, with a watch for almost every occasion (I say 'almost', as the 79090 needs a new Tropic-Style strap for Summer Wear, I still want to build my custom GMTIIC Prequel watch, as well as plans for a Rolex take on the Breitling SOSF) From every day beaters to suit and tie, from super-casual and camping to tattooing (plastic Sub is quartz so unaffected by the magnetism of the machine) I think I have all the bases covered :)

DSCN4656.jpg

DSCN4651.jpg

DSCN4652.jpg

Out of curiousity, if these were gen (or closest equivalent for the fantasy builds), what kind of dollar value would the collection have? :g:

PS This is what the rhodium DJ looks like when it's not flaring out :lol:

DSCN4587.jpg

God TJ your tastes have changed a bit. I remember when it was all panerai. Now it is all vintage rolly stuff nice collection though

I guess I finally grew up :lol: And many thanks as always, without your generousity, the 79090 and the Tudor DJ wouldn't be running :good::drinks: With the exception of the 79090, Heritage and Pro-Hunter-esque sub, there's not much in the collection which would have been made after 1985 :)

Not bad TeeJay. Very nice representation from the Tudor family.

Thanks indeed, only a few more pieces to build and I think I'll be done :) I'd still love a 16800 and a 1665, but can't see myself ever actually wearing them, so they may get bumped from my plans :lol:

Here is your tropic. Get it now. They are starting to get scarce ;) Best tropic ever!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160812767040?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1162

TeeJay - I agree. Your collection has become quite mouth-watering, so I think it is time to improve your picture-taking skills to do them justice. ;)

Many thanks, that's very much appreciated :good::drinks: I'm looking forward to my planned 6542-inspired custom GMT the most, as I think that not only will it fit in with the more 'vintage' aspect of the collection, but it will have a lot of my creative input, so will be a truly personal piece, and one I've had on a mental back burner for over three years now :lol: The surprize, is how much the Tudor DJ is vying for everyday beater status, it's minimal, simplistic and uncomplicated, yet it seems to be ticking all the boxes :lol:

Here is your tropic. Get it now. They are starting to get scarce ;) Best tropic ever!!!

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1162

I have to admit, I do like how that looks on your GMTIIc :good::drinks: How is it in terms of drainage/drying? That's always been my least favorite aspect of NATO straps, compared to the rubber Tropic-style straps :)

I have to admit, I do like how that looks on your GMTIIc :good::drinks: How is it in terms of drainage/drying? That's always been my least favorite aspect of NATO straps, compared to the rubber Tropic-style straps :)

It dries pretty fast when wet. And its not uncomfortable when its damp since it is braided, plenty of air. B)