When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB: Rolex Yellow Gold President

watch123

Please let me know if you would like to sell one. Preferably located in CONUS. Thanks.

You are a noob, so perhaps you didn't read the rules before posting. this is a Rolex discussion forum, not a sales forum. you need to join as a member and then post your WTB's in the appropriate forum. Sales ,trade and WTB forums are only open for VIP /Platinum members (to post) of course as a member you can answer the posts, but you cannot post new topics.

You are a noob, so perhaps you didn't read the rules before posting. this is a Rolex discussion forum, not a sales forum. you need to join as a member and then post your WTB's in the appropriate forum. Sales ,trade and WTB forums are only open for VIP /Platinum members (to post) of course as a member you can answer the posts, but you cannot post new topics.

You are right, and I did try to post in the watch rep sales/trade forum first, but not being a VIP/platinum member, it wouldn't let me. So this is the only other section I thought might be appropriate. I've scoured all the forums looking for one for sale, to no avail at the moment. Presidents are not nearly as often traded as subs.

YG Presidents are pretty rarely traded because most people don't mess with them. The reasons are:

1. The gold plating may wear off if you wear it too much- a dead giveaway to it being a fake

2. The gold color may not match that of a true YG Rolex D-D.

3. Young people look out of place wearing a $10,000+ watch.

You can buy a used one (gen) for as little as $5,000-6,000 if you shop around, but it will be the 1803 model which is 30 years old+.

Why not just buy a new one from Josh or Andrew- they both have decent selections and are trusted.

I'd personally stick with a DD in stainless which mimics the platinum or white gold models- they're more subtle and the gp won't ever wear off! People hardly know it's a DD.

YG Presidents are pretty rarely traded because most people don't mess with them. The reasons are:

1. The gold plating may wear off if you wear it too much- a dead giveaway to it being a fake

2. The gold color may not match that of a true YG Rolex D-D.

3. Young people look out of place wearing a $10,000+ watch.

You can buy a used one (gen) for as little as $5,000-6,000 if you shop around, but it will be the 1803 model which is 30 years old+.

Why not just buy a new one from Josh or Andrew- they both have decent selections and are trusted.

I'd personally stick with a DD in stainless which mimics the platinum or white gold models- they're more subtle and the gp won't ever wear off! People hardly know it's a DD.

I have found one, so this thread can be put to bed. Thanks for all the responses.

The reason I haven't just ordered one from one of the trusted dealers is that I need it for a costume next weekend which I've had to prepare on short notice, and the package would never arrive in time from overseas. The costume calls specifically for a yellow gold President. Over the years I've considered buying one from time to time, but never did for reasons #'s 1 and 3 you listed above.