When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 or 16750?

cyphion

I'm not sure that anyone makes a good one. BK was building a nice one a while back, but they are long gone. Every now and then they appear on the sales forum, but they don't last long. nicely modified ones come up for sale pretty frequently. one of the big problems with 1675's the genuine 1675 and 16750 use a 5.3mm crown. It's tiny compared to the bigger beefier 6mm crowns. All the reps use a 6mm crown, which is and instant "tell". If you try to use a 5.3mm, the space between the crown guards is way too big. The more expensive cases like phong, NDT yuki, ming Quy are correct, but they are pretty expensive, probably 2-3X the cost of a rep 1675 watch. ONe plus, the gernuine rolex movements in thec 1675/16750 have the same hand stack as the ETa or Chinese GMT movements, this makes them more believable, but you have to solve the crown guarfd problem to have a really great one.

Just a little precision :

All 11,5 lines movements with the 4th hand complication have the same hand stack than the genuine 1675. Not the 16750.

The 16750 uses the same case, same dial, same 5.3mm crown, but different hand stack. The GMT hand in the 16750 is not the first from the dial but is located between the minutes and the hours hand.

This is due to the different movement used

Just a little precision :

All 11,5 lines movements with the 4th hand complication have the same hand stack than the genuine 1675. Not the 16750.

The 16750 uses the same case, same dial, same 5.3mm crown, but different hand stack. The GMT hand in the 16750 is not the first from the dial but is located between the minutes and the hours hand.

This is due to the different movement used

I respectfully disagree with you. I have a grenuine 16750 and it has the same hand stack as the 1675. GMT hand, hour, minute, second from bottom to top. The 16750 is not independently adjustable.It has a fixed tracking GMT hand, basically the big difference is the 16750 is quickset and the 1675 is not. The next model, the 16710 GMT master II is the first with the different handstack, it's got the independently adjustable hour hand

Hmmm interesting P153, my gen 16750 handstack is H,GMT,M then S. But yes the main difference is the beat rate and quickset date.

I respectfully disagree with you. I have a grenuine 16750 and it has the same hand stack as the 1675. GMT hand, hour, minute, second from bottom to top. The 16750 is not independently adjustable.It has a fixed tracking GMT hand, basically the big difference is the 16750 is quickset and the 1675 is not. The next model, the 16710 GMT master II is the first with the different handstack, it's got the independently adjustable hour hand

Sorry Guys, I stand corrected. Teaches me to go too far back in the memory bank. my 16750 is exactly as you said it should be. WOW, I'm glad it didn't turn out to be like I described, then what movement would that be? ETA 2846!

Funny, I was a litte worried there for you for a little while! :)

Sorry Guys, I stand corrected. Teaches me to go too far back in the memory bank. my 16750 is exactly as you said it should be. WOW, I'm glad it didn't turn out to be like I described, then what movement would that be? ETA 2846!

I suppose when you have a lot of things on your mind, we're right dead in the part of Issac (should hit here about 10PM tomorrow morning, plus trying to put up with silly surgeons that are insisting that we run a full OR schedule tomorrow, i let my typing fingers out run my feeble mind.

nanug, i know you're here often, showing off all those awsome watches trying to make all us lower 48'ers drool with envy :notworthy: by the way I really like the Tudor justasgood spiffed up for you.

Not trying to hijack the gentlemans thread, but to nanug, i just got back my very first Doxa 300T Professional, i sold it about 4 years ago to a fellow in Spain. He emailed me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I wanted it back. Sure did, as I had sellers remorse for a long time after I sold it. Very nice with aqualung US Divers logo, original beads of rice bracelet and a great story. I'll post some photos in the "Other brands" section maybe tomorrow (If we have power!!)