When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally! VCO Has Arrived -pics

Cromag

Finally! Much to my surprise the letter carrier delivered my VCO this morning. Angus (PureTime) and I thought it got lost in the mail. I placed the order on July 19th and today is Sept 4th. China to California in 6 and a 1/2 weeks! Angus was an excellent TD and was working on resending me a new order with QC pics! Wow!

I'm very happy to finally get my hands on a VCO and it will definitely help me determine if I want the gen. So far I really like it a lot. Its 42mm size fits my 6.5" wrist perfectly. Here are a few quick pics but they do not do this watch justice. The watch is pristine and I used my iPhone 4s but it gives you a good idea of how it looks. I'm really surprised that this watch is not a lot more popular on the forums. I really love the DW placement. It's so much easier to read than at the 3 o'clock position. Anyway, it's a beauty. Enjoy;

6ECE720D-DD86-4C40-87B7-0B2F7B1B66C1-6025-00000596FC91131A.jpg

2D86FD51-C81F-4D28-9B8E-337B02EF6599-6025-00000596DD6B15AF.jpg

0D77DB7A-87A5-40B6-BB95-AF479983606C-6025-00000596F2E08C96.jpg

735F8954-D906-46FA-9978-685085F45C3B-6025-00000596E72CDE9A.jpg

A179FF6E-ED3B-4342-B37D-24191B07B246-6025-00000596D194A196.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great. This was a very popular rep in 2006/2007 when it first came out...Looks like the finally got the Cross right and the DW cutout looks pretty good. Thank for sharing.

You need to get the crystal Double AR coated. It really makes adifference on these.

Hey! Thanks Cougar. Its been a long wait and hunt. Now let's see how much wrist time it gets compared with my slowly growing Pilot collection.

Compared to the gen the DW bevel is slightly different but I'm just evaluating it to decide if the gen version is what I want to buy. The Geneve is also missing the tilda above the E and the cross and markers are not perfect but overall it's a nice watch. It's rich looking without being blingy IMO.

DW is still incorrect. The bevel is too pronounced.

vc2.jpg

Can you post a caseback pic?

822355A9-9AA8-4F81-8CBF-375CA0832B48-6393-000005D1C5CDBA40.jpg

You can't just say, "I'm very happy with my fraken," and not post any details. Come on man. Give it up. What parts are gen and post some pics. We must have more info :)

no improvement in the back.

The gen is awesome. I'm very happy with my franken. VC also hold their value well.

hypnotize.gif

Ya I had a nicely modded VCO quite some time back. I still like the watch a lot. I think I prefer the black dial, though mine was white. The problem with the rep back in the day was that the bracelet was a piece of [censored] and mine fell apart while I was driving down the highway at 75 MPH with my arm resting on the window sill with the window open. Hasta la vista baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You can't just say, "I'm very happy with my fraken," and not post any details. Come on man. Give it up. What parts are gen and post some pics. We must have more info :)

hypnotize.gif

Details here

http://www.rwg.cc/to...e__hl__overseas

I think I prefer the black dial, though mine was white.

Both the black and white are awesome. Very different vibes though.

yy2c.jpg

There are pictures on his website. Is that the old rep?

He listed the new model, but didn't add it to the NEW section. Here it is ------> http://www.ttw168.co...roducts_id=9799

There are two or more versions currently in production. the new Superlume dial is on the watch with no date window frame. The other watch available has a heavy date window frame. Neither watch is "just right" with the date window.

He listed the new model, but didn't add it to the NEW section. Here it is ------> http://www.ttw168.co...roducts_id=9799

There are two or more versions currently in production. the new Superlume dial is on the watch with no date window frame. The other watch available has a heavy date window frame. Neither watch is "just right" with the date window.

I think I've seen this version before. Looks like the one in that review where the guy had a gen and took lots of pics. If it is the one from the link Wittgenstein all the pics, the it is not as nice as the one I got. JMHO

Tho neither are perfect.

After wearing it for a while now I wish the hands had more contrast to tell time easier. Its a nice watch and wears well tho. I have gotten compliments on it too.

The white Rolex Exlorer II has more contrast as does the IWC black pilot watches. Maybe I'll check out the black VCO next. :)

Should read, "I think I've seen this version before. Looks like the one in that review where the guy had a gen and took lots of pics. If it is the one from the link above with all the pics, then it is not as nice as the one I got. JMHO"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is this one a different version?  It seems to cost more, but does not have the superlumed dial, but claims to have a better bracelet.  What do the experts think?

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=589