When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW/MBK 1675 and a ETA 2893-2

cyphion

So I was in contact with Reg, looking for the 16710. Well long story goes that MBK/MBW have a 1675 full kit without a movement. Evidently the movements are hard to come by, and the 2893 is pricy, so they just do the full kit. Dial, case, hands, bracelet. So I have 2 questions for everyone while I wait for the pics from Reg. Is there any issue using an off the shelf ETA 2893 like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_4202wt_1401

Also, has anyone ever seen one of these pieces? I searched many different combinations of terms and could not come up with anything. If anyone has, what were the impressions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Regards,

John

• Like 1

Hi John,

i built a friend of mine a 1675 using this movement from this seller. No problems with it at all. Its a standard grade ETA (they have 3 different quality grades) but the guy is a top notch seller.

You can read about ETA grades here ... http://watchotaku.com/display/swr/ETA+grades

Here's some pics:

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

Good luck with the project

Cheers

P.

You may want to get the H4 canonpins and hour GMT wheels ect for the 2893 if it does not come with them to alow a bit more under dial clearance for the DWO and over dial clerance for the GMT hand

Pete is that the MBW case there?

Any one else seen this case???????????????

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Hmmm a 1675 with 2893-2 i think that watch never was made by mbw, but i can be wrong.

I sold this 16710 gmt with gen eta 2893-2 a little time ago, this one :

This is the onely gmt i know that was made with the 2893-2 movement. It is a very rare gmt, i sold it due the date is a little to much to the right, other then that this watch was very accurate it even came with lugholes and nice cg's.

Hi John,

i built a friend of mine a 1675 using this movement from this seller. No problems with it at all. Its a standard grade ETA (they have 3 different quality grades) but the guy is a top notch seller.

You can read about ETA grades here ... http://watchotaku.co.../swr/ETA grades

Here's some pics:

Good luck with the project

Cheers

P.

I have one of these movement with an H4 setup but my GMT hand is still really close to the dial, where do I get a GMT hand with a taller tube..

Thanks

oh yeah i forgot about the hand set up. You can order from http://www.cousinsuk.com

i ordered this lot and it worked fine. No need for movement strip down so probably didn't use centre seconds fourth wheel. Date wheel overlay was not a problem either.

Cannon Pinion With Drive Wheel Height 2.90mm ( 242 ), ETA 2890 (ETA2890242H290) £4.10 each

Double Toothed Hour Wheel, Height 2.04mm ( 2558 ), ETA 2893.2 (ETA289322558H204) £2.88 each

Hour Wheel 24 Hour Height 1.19mm ( 251 ), ETA 2893.2 (ETA28932251H119) £3.76 each

Fourth Wheel Centre Seconds, Height 5.61mm ( 227 ), ETA 2890 (ETA2890227H561) £3.03 each

Cheers

P.

You may want to get the H4 canonpins and hour GMT wheels ect for the 2893 if it does not come with them to alow a bit more under dial clearance for the DWO and over dial clerance for the GMT hand

Pete is that the MBW case there?

Any one else seen this case???????????????

Hi Andy,

this is an old Silix case, the correct thinness but incorrect crystal and bezel assembly ...

Cheers

P.

@ PolexPete

Thank you for all the part numbers. I just ordered everything, based on what you said. Thank You again.

I am not sure what gen parts will fit, but it has lugholes, and the case profile looks pretty good, granted it's in plastic, but still looks pretty good. Once I receive it, I'll take some more photos.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Polex,

Thanks again. Those shots look great. I can very much live with that setup. :)

Best,

John

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

How much did you pay for everything? Im intressted to order that bracelet!

PolexPete,

Now that I ordered the H4 setup, the movement is going to come with the ETA datefont. Should I also grab one of the TC DWO? I know that its made for a 2824-2, so will it fit on the 2893?

Yes a TC dwo is a good option, and yes will fit the 2893 no problem. The dwo on the one pictured is from a cartel 2836.

Cheers

P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...