When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Origin post is preparing shipment

chrisrwg

Hi guys,

This is my sixth order and I've never seen a situation like this. The USPS tracking site is stuck at "origin post is preparing shipment" since August 28. Tracking has been reliable for all my previous orders, so I have no reason to believe that tracking doesn't work. It was shipped by EMS btw.

I guess my question is: has anyone from the US who ordered in the last couple of weeks experienced something similar?

Thanks

Not to worry, this is normal for international shipments going to US or some parts of EU. Local mail often cannot track during shipment until package reaches home country's customs. Once there, the tracking should update. If it does not update for 2 weeks, forward the tracking history to shipper to investigate.

i have had orders where the trackingnumber have been stuck on guangzo(or what its called) for the entire time, only to show up at my doorstep 1week after.. went from guangzo china to "delivered" in tracking info. not uncommon i think.

I've heard about cases in which tracking never updated. Since it never happened to me, I still think there's something wrong. It's been more than a week now and my previous orders showed up in less than 7 days.

I've seen shipping status remain in that stage for ~10 days, to subsequently have the package show up at my door the same day the status was updated. I've found that USPS tracking is wonky lately. Some packages I've received, with tracking numbers on them, don't even show in the system. I woudn't start worrying yet.

The only strange thing I've noticed, lately, is absolutely no mention of Customs. This was on packages containing watch parts (branded) and RC helicopter parts.

As I said, the strange thing this time is that in theory the package hasn't even arrived the in US. I've seen it gt stuck at the ISC a few times, but nothing like what's happening now.

the only thing consistent about the USPS is it's inconsistency! I bought a box of Cigars last summer from a seller in Australia, Post Office showed tracking to San Francisco, then the tracking reverted back to "origin post is preparing shipment" Even the guys at my local post office didn't know what that meant. I notified the seller, and a few days later, they said that the package was enroute back to Brisbane, A few weeks later, I emailed them again, asking about the package, never arrived in Brisbane. they sent a replacement, got it in 2 weeks. about a month later, the original package arrived in my PO box!! All this took about 2 1/2 to 3 months.

About two months ago, i bought a Doxa from a seller in Spain. 2 weeks later, it was still showing as never leaving Spain, USPS was showing tracking expired! one week later it showed up here, never showed one single scan from Madrid to here, except after arrival, It showed as delivered.

It's probably easier for the seller to initiate a trace. I would give it a few more days,and then contact the seller and get them to start a trace. may not be any more sucessful than mine was, but It may tell you exactly were the package is.

Just an update on the situation, I finally got the watches yesterday. Just a little over 2 weeks to the US. Longer than usual, but at least I have the goods. Tracking was accurate all the way. It seems that USPS didn't want to cooperate, as the package sat still for 10 days or so.

Now on to the next order!

Just an update on the situation, I finally got the watches yesterday. Just a little over 2 weeks to the US. Longer than usual, but at least I have the goods. Tracking was accurate all the way. It seems that USPS didn't want to cooperate, as the package sat still for 10 days or so.

Now on to the next order!

pics of watches or it didnt happen!