When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch(es) should I take for a long vacation in the US

kramerica2

So, my annual trip to the US is very close. I'm going to travel for about 3 weeks total. About a week in Dallas and Austin, TX, a couple of days in Seattle, WA and the rest doing a road trip in the Northwest (perhaps even a quick visit to Vancouver).

I'm going to fly wearing my gen speedy, and thinking of taking one more watch with me in my suitcase or my carry-on (what's the safer option?). My options are:

Gen 45mm PO 8500 (ceramic)

Rep 42mm PO

Rep SOSF

Which one would you take (if any), and is there any risk passing customs with 2 watches?

Thanks..

I would wear the rep on my wrist while flying. I can't Imagine anyone grabing your wrist and asking you about your watch. Put the gen In your carry on bag and you should be good to go. Maybe those who have more experence with International travel will have better advice. Hope you have a great time while you're here. Dallas and Austin are fantastic cities....sixth St In Austin Is a must. Great food/drink and those beautiful Texas cowgirls. Yeehaw. :D

post-19368-0-49100900-1347048200_thumb.j

Girls in Texas are definitely hot. So have fun.

As for the watches, I've travelled out of the states wearing reps and had no issues. So I can't imagine travelling into them with issues, as I've had to come home. I personally would just take the rep, as if something happens to it, its not the end of the world.

I remember when I was in Costa Erica, wearing my SSD, pretty inebriated, and didn't have a care in the world for bumping into things. Can't do that with a Gen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Do not put your watch(s) in your checked baggage!! They are xrayed, and there have been cases of bags being pilfered at airports in the USA, not an epedemic mind you, but if it's yours, it's 100%.If there happens to be a thief among the baggage handlers, the TSA approved locks will be of zero help, probably every baggage handler has or knows where to get a key. i even saw an article about these locks, and some lady said she could open hers with a paperclip! You won't have any problems at all with customs, although if you want alittle more security and peace of mind, make up a receipt for each of them with the purchase price and date of purchase, just to prove they were bought in your home country. Helps when you go through customs coming home as well. I would bet that you will never be asked about them, bu tif you are, pull out the paperwork, and you will be fine.

One on your wrist, one in your carry on, not a problem. Heck, women carry bags of jewelry, why shouldn't a man have two watches?