When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bringing super frankens to Italy on vacation

txcollector

Likewise, I also agree, it is highly unlikely that customs would spot anything (especially in other places) I just think that given Italy's customs reputation, it's really not worth the risk of taking something which is outright illegal in said country and having a holiday delayed or spoiled by getting it swiped by the federales :pardon:

You, of all people, can always argue about the authenticity of your infamous plastic Rolex as a one-off Rolex anniversary Plastique Edition. Just apply the audacity you show on the boards here to the Italian Customs officers, and you will be sashaying in Rome with a bottle of wine in one hand, a Monica Bellucci clone in the other arm, and of cos, the plastic submariner on your wrist instead of handcuffs attached to a grim faced Polizia di Stato officer on the other end. :lol::drinks:

You, of all people, can always argue about the authenticity of your infamous plastic Rolex as a one-off Rolex anniversary Plastique Edition. Just apply the audacity you show on the boards here to the Italian Customs officers, and you will be sashaying in Rome with a bottle of wine in one hand, a Monica Bellucci clone in the other arm, and of cos, the plastic submariner on your wrist instead of handcuffs attached to a grim faced Polizia di Stato officer on the other end. :lol::drinks:

I guess it's worth a try, let me see if I can find Monica's number :lol:

As above, anywhere else, I'd be happy to just walk through knowing that chances are nothing will be said :good::drinks: I guess this gives me reason to build something sterile :tu:

I guess it's worth a try, let me see if I can find Monica's number :lol:

As above, anywhere else, I'd be happy to just walk through knowing that chances are nothing will be said :good::drinks: I guess this gives me reason to build something sterile :tu:

brother, its true, sometimes we all worry too much about life. I would like to believe that the custom officers would like to own a couple of high end reps themselves. They sure would love a beer, good sex, awesome food like the rest of us, so why not a nice rep watch? :D

brother, its true, sometimes we all worry too much about life. I would like to believe that the custom officers would like to own a couple of high end reps themselves. They sure would love a beer, good sex, awesome food like the rest of us, so why not a nice rep watch? :D

And what better way to acquire one than off an unsuspecting tourist ;):victory:

• Like 1

The key area of going through customs with reps or rather the higher risk in terms of customs... (not talking about baggage handlers etc) is returning to your own country...

Now its not because its a rep but rather that you may be trying to bring in something that you purchased with out paying duties on it.... now that aspect (Customs duty) and thresholds varies from country to country...

visiting another country carries less if any risk in respect of customs.... especially if you are wearing the item... you could consider similar risks in wearing a rep Armani etc especially in Italy... remember as a temporary vistor you have already gone through security and customs in the departure country.... upon leaving you are facing security and valuables on your person are checked for that purpose... not customs

Having been there myself several times... I have worn and carried reps and never had a problem or even an inquistive eye...

Though i did get a lot of interest going out of the UK.... one customs guy asked me if I liked watches :)

I always carry my watches on my person.... I usually wear long sleeves as well... but not because of customs... that because I dont like the idea of getting 'marked' in the airport or outside...

I really wouldnt give customs a second thought going anywhere.... but I would and do always consider the security of any of my valuables and how they attract or might attract the wrong sort of people looking to 'mark' me as a holidaying mug...

• Like 1

Also, bear in mind that the way you act will or won't attract suspicion from both security agents and customs agents...

If you look pretty cool, they will probably not even check your shoes but if you're sweating they will put u in an examination room right away :bangin:

No stress...pretend to yourself you are not doing anything bad!

• Like 1

I go to Italy very frequently, mostly to Venice, less commonly to Milano and Rome. Been doing it for more years than I care to remember and never, and I mean NEVER, have I ever been stopped by Italian customs, either coming or going. I think you are conjuring up a non-existent problem, though I guess s*** can happen. Spare yourself the anxiety and take a Timex