When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Pam Next For Me?

M5Man

Which PAM and who's  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Wwhich should I go with next?

Totally torn between these 3. Love the fact that the 187 is like 800 lbs, definetley gets noticed. Love the 196 for the coolness factor. Love the 212 for the carbon strap and classic styling. Which one is closest to gen overall and who is the best vendor to get it from? I get most of my stuff from EL.

Although the 187 has only one version available new, the others have multiple versions. Pick your poision and then you may get some feedback. Start with your budget as you can spend $200 for A7750 187, 212 and 196 or $600 or more for 7753 196 or Swiss 7750 212. IMHO, I would start with the 196 or 212. The 187 is a huge watch andI find it only useful on weekends for that reason. My favorite is 7753 196. With Asian I would choose 212 as it has some inaccuracies but not the wrong date font or placement issue as on the 187 and 196. But get one with Sapphire crystal if you are planning on wearing it alot. :)

Although the 187 has only one version available new, the others have multiple versions. Pick your poision and then you may get some feedback. Start with your budget as you can spend $200 for A7750 187, 212 and 196 or $600 or more for 7753 196 or Swiss 7750 212. IMHO, I would start with the 196 or 212. The 187 is a huge watch andI find it only useful on weekends for that reason. My favorite is 7753 196. With Asian I would choose 212 as it has some inaccuracies but not the wrong date font or placement issue as on the 187 and 196. But get one with Sapphire crystal if you are planning on wearing it alot. :)

i voted for a 212, i recently bought one as my second PAM (first was a 005). i haven't received it yet but i opted for the new asian movement with the saphire crystal from trustytime.com

out of curiosity, what are some of the most obvious flaws of the 212 reps vs gen?

out of curiosity, what are some of the most obvious flaws of the 212 reps vs gen?

Quite a few to name, do searches and ye shall find that this was oft discussed.

One obvious tell is that there is no flyback capaility.

Here's a radical suggestion - don't buy a PAM at all.... :blink:

I can't help it. They call to me in the night! I have a gen Breitling, rollie already. Lots of other assorted stuff. Something about them I just love though. The IWC's are nice too! Does anyone have $100,000 laying around that they would like to give me so I can buy and test all the reps out there? In return I'll do detailed writeups on all of them! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I can't help it. They call to me in the night! I have a gen Breitling, rollie already. Lots of other assorted stuff. Something about them I just love though. The IWC's are nice too! Does anyone have $100,000 laying around that they would like to give me so I can buy and test all the reps out there? In return I'll do detailed writeups on all of them! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Back to the drawing board. 212 has too many inaccuracies, 187 from what im hearing is too big to be practical and the 196 is hard to come by with right older case.

i wouldn't throw out the 187 just yet. there is something to be said for the monstrous watch factor. i wore mine out last weekend and had several people notice it. it's fun to take it off your wrist and let people check out such an imposing watch. lots of compliments.

just my $0.02,

dt

Back to the drawing board. 212 has too many inaccuracies, 187 from what im hearing is too big to be practical and the 196 is hard to come by with right older case.

so you are a chrono guy...i have- had all of the PAMs you wanted...sold the 212 (i miss it)...have the other two...just had today the 196 on my wrist (new case)...

if you like so much the chronos...and the 187 (my favourite) is too big for you...i'd advise to you to get the 192...it is a wonderful rep...and don't be focused too much about the accuracy...i think that lately in the watches section was posted a nice 196 (modded) go and check it...and if you like it...buy it!

so you are a chrono guy...i have- had all of the PAMs you wanted...sold the 212 (i miss it)...have the other two...just had today the 196 on my wrist (new case)...

if you like so much the chronos...and the 187 (my favourite) is too big for you...i'd advise to you to get the 192...it is a wonderful rep...and don't be focused too much about the accuracy...i think that lately in the watches section was posted a nice 196 (modded) go and check it...and if you like it...buy it!

Funny about the 196 - I tried to buy that watch today! He sold it shortly before I put in my offer.......