When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Gen Pam coming out. What do you think?

Lobster

I like classic PAMs, of what PAMs I do like. I own a rep 063c (EL, all that) and a 005 for their clean looks and wrist presence (and for something not Rolex which is pretty rare in my lineup).

But these newer PAMs are looking more and more refined and they're losing something -- a certain je ne sais quoi.

It reminds me of my love affair with BMW. I have 4. A 1982 5 series, and 1985, 2004 and 2007 3 series. The older the car, the less refinement and the more it feels like a BMW. I drove a 2012 528i when the '04 was in the shop getting worked on and while the gadgets were awesome, the car's handling was pathetic and it had no performance as she was powered by a 2.0 liter turbo 4 banger.

My point? Both Panerai and BMW had a certain rawness in their DNA that made them distinctly unique, and both seem to be suffering from a little too much recombination with the other brands out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, this Pam is not my taste. Thje font is insipid and weak, the bezel is also insipid and weak, in fact, the entire Panerai company is insipid and weak for releasing this wholly unattractive time piece. They should all drop and do 200 pushups. :huh: