When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Of Two-tone Breitling Navitimer Asian 7750

By-Tor

haBL6Wc.jpg

First I have to say one thing: Breitling Navitimer two-tone isn't excatly my "usual style". This is my "PoM Award watch" and I wanted this model for unselfish reasons (believe it or not). Personally, I prefer the standard stainless steel but since I (and many others) have already reviewed the stainless Navitimers to death I chose the TT model. 

Even though there's a big and constant demand there haven't been too many reviews of the gold reps. So why not write one?

This doesn't mean I don't like gold watches, even my 2 first replicas were Rolex TT Subs. Far from it, I absolutely adore many TT models, including this Navitimer. I just feel I'm a bit too young to comfortably wear gold. Gold doesn't generally go well with bulky and masculine sports models, but I don't feel Navitimer falls into this category: With only 30 meters of water resistance and highly polished bracelet Navitimer isn't exactly a hardcore "sports chronograph". So gold, in my opinion, goes really well with it. It's extremely beautiful and dressy, without being too "flashy" and vulgar.

As a replica the TT Navitimer is excellent. The center plated gold links look authentic to my eye. But then I'm not a jeweler, and I have no idea how the rep would "survive" under close inspection. I can only say that this watch has far superior feel compared to the two-tone Submariners I have owned, probably due the "solid" middle links and overall heavy weight of the watch and the bracelet.

Of course I can't make any technical statements... or say anything about the longevity of the gold plating. I can only say that I've never heard anyone complaining about the plating fading off of the bezel. And even if the bracelet starts to fade... we all know how well Navitimer goes with a leather strap. The two-tone model is even available on a leather strap as a default. 

I also feel this watch goes best with suits and white sleeves. So it's not exactly a watch to use with the casual sports clothes that I usually wear.

00zpTHv.jpg

Unlike the old 12-9-6 two-tone version, the Tricompax model SHOULD have silver subdial hands (which are correct on the rep). This particular model is available with blue and black dials (with or without big Arabic dial numerals).

Picture of the genuine blue version:

arp7Zm2.jpg

I owned and reviewed the old rep version of the Navitimer "Serie Speciale Fighter's Edition". You can also find the explanation of the "slide rule" from that writeup. 

Instead of the natural 12-9-6 subdial layout my watch uses the "Tricompax" arrangement, which is used on the modern Navitimers. The old version was already excellent replica, but the new batch of Navitimers have better and improved subdials. This new watch has also improved luminosity on the hands, and of course the new high-beat movement. Other than that the "base watch" seems to be exactly the same. But why would they even change something that was already very well made?

Andreww has explained this model in detail in our Breitling Guide, so I don't bother going there once again. Everything that Andrew says applies to this rep as well.

The rep of TT Navitimer is also available in the 12-9-6 version, which is an excellent option if you're planning to swap the movement to Swiss Valjoux at some point. But as mentioned before that watch should have black subdial hands (they're silver on the rep). Personally, I couldn't care less. But I felt this fact would be important for some... and thus worth mentioning here.

hQuupjK.jpg

My only minor complaint is the bracelet size. I have almost 8' wrist and it's very tight on me, with all links intact and the micro adjustment set to maximum. Actually I prefer my watches tight but this is a bit too much. It's wearable but a bit uncomfortable. So if you have big wrists I suggest you ask for an extra link from your dealer.

The fliplock clasp is the same as on the stainless steel models. It's highly polished and collects scratches very easily. 

NP6bXHO.jpg

Conclusion: The replica is excellent, and this is probably the most beautiful watch I have owned. Personally, I'm not really looking to impress anyone with my watches, but if that's what you're after (and want to look like million dollars) I can't think of a better rep. The two-tone Navitimer is extremely impressive, and almost ridiculously beautiful. 

I can recommend this rep for everyone who are looking forward to add a two-tone watch into their collections. But keep in mind: the genuine retails at $7000, so it might also be a bit "over the top" for some.

My biggest thanks goes once again to the legendary ***Eddie Lee*** and the RWG Admin team. Thanks also to my mate Pugwash for his "delivery help".

YcnLBrL.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent review as always By-Tor.......I own a TT Navi from Andrew with the 3-6-9 layout and white face - and needless to say, it gets the most compliments out of all of my watches. A real "must-have" for Breitling fans.

Am curious to see a picture of your white faced TT Navi on the wrist.

I hesitate between the black and the white.

Thanks for any input to help me decide.

You're welcome all.

It was a lot of fun to photoshoot a gold watch for a change. Neil's pictures of his TT Omega DeVille inspired me, and I think these turned out quite well. :)

Thanks guys. And it's true Neil. If the watch is beautiful it's difficult to take ugly photos. :)

It was difficult to choose between the dial colors. Blue and white are equally gorgeous but I chose black because it's kinda traditional... and of course a classic Navitimer dial color.

This doesn't mean I don't like gold watches, even my 2 first replicas were Rolex TT Subs. Far from it, I absolutely adore many TT models, including this Navitimer. I just feel I'm a bit too young to comfortably wear gold. Gold doesn't generally go well with bulky and masculine sports models,

But isn't two tone just right to wear for the middleaged mans, (not too young/not to old)? :brow:

Great review, as usual! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I already ordered mine (exactly this Tricompax, Black face/w bars TT Navitimer), couple days before By-tor wrote this great review. After this, my patience is really on low :( . But, patience is gold (mine is obviously just 5 micron plated).

I am just curious, is there any signs of any AR coating? I can't see any on By-tors pictures. Or is that just newbie's eye? B)

I am just curious, is there any signs of any AR coating? I can't see any on By-tors pictures. Or is that just newbie's eye? B)

I think the watch has a light AR coating. Not as strong as on genuines though.

Very nice review and outstanding style yours!

very nice combination, gold cufflinks and two tone watch.

If you guys have alredy bought this beauty, then you will only need the cufflinks, I remember about a very nice pair of gold cufflinks offered in the members section wich will match perfectly with this watch. ;)

BT - thank you for your great watch reviews, they are very educational for noobs like me.

Could I ask a question of more knowledgeable folks than I?

My first rep was a "gold" plated watch, and the gold has worn off over time, and there is silver showing thru in several places. I really love the looks of the watch in this review, but I'm concerned that the gold will wear. Have the quality of the reps improved enough to alleviate my fears and get me to pull the trigger on an order of this model?

Thanks.

BT - thank you for your great watch reviews, they are very educational for noobs like me.

Could I ask a question of more knowledgeable folks than I?

My first rep was a "gold" plated watch, and the gold has worn off over time, and there is silver showing thru in several places. I really love the looks of the watch in this review, but I'm concerned that the gold will wear. Have the quality of the reps improved enough to alleviate my fears and get me to pull the trigger on an order of this model?

Thanks.

If the gold wears off it usually comes off of the bracelet. And even if it wears off... Navitimer is perfect with a strap. I seriously doubt it'll come off the bezel (like I stated in the review).

For me it's not going to be an issue, because a watch like this is a special occasion watch, not a daily beater.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Excellent photos By-tor.....a beautiful watch is like a beautiful woman...easy to photograph....!

There's an idea the next time you photograph a watch... include a beautiful woman! :)

Seriously, I've never been a fan of the Breitling for some reason, maybe it's the links? After seeing your photo though and reading your review, I just might have to work on setting a little play money aside for one. Doesn't mean I have to wear it every day, but just to have when I'm feeling like I want to be a little different one day.

Thanks for the review!

• 3 months later...