When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eBay 16610 deal or no deal

irolexu

I say no deal.

I have seen 16610 sell for 3900 with bracelet and complete

To buy this project at $2995 needing parts and without a bracelet I would run.

What is the cost of a gen bracelet around $1000 + the cost of the bezel + insert + parts to return it to a stainless watch and it is just not worth it.

A friend just bought a 16610 blue face two tone for $4200 whilst he was over in the states

I have bought a 16610LV off Ebay for the sum of $4800 + $99 for Rolex Sydney to authenticate it and I was a happy man. This was some time ago now.

I haven't looked at what is out there but I would be spending more money and buying something complete.

my last genuine submariner purchase was about 2 years ago, maybe a little more, I bought a "P" serial 16610 in really nice condition, it had a service within a year of my purchase, my price was 3500.00 USD.

I think this one is a sucker deal. Someone will buy it because it's probably 600-800 cheaper than a complete watch, only to find out that the parts alone to make this thing right are going to cost another 1500-2000 USD. :thumbdown: As Red said, bracelets alone are around 1k, this one needs a dial, hands, crown,complete bezel assembly w/insert as well. you have a bunch of good Rolex guys around Dallas, ask one of them what all those parts would cost. Ask Matt, he would know.

I would run not walk away from this one. :nono:

my last genuine submariner purchase was about 2 years ago, maybe a little more, I bought a "P" serial 16610 in really nice condition, it had a service within a year of my purchase, my price was 3500.00 USD.

$3500 I think is cheap especially considering some franken builds would get close to $2000 with a lot of gen parts and still an eta movement.

If you parted the watch out you would be making money!

Maybe there is a market for buying complete watches and selling them in parts :g:

If you wanted to return it to standard specs, I also say no go, but I have a slightly different take... I have a gen 16610 and think the white/silver is a little cold and sterile looking. You could get this, put on a stainless/black bezel assembly and NATO strap, and you'll have a great and cheap 16610 with the warmer vintage feel of the flat dial 5513.

$3500 I think is cheap especially considering some franken builds would get close to $2000 with a lot of gen parts and still an eta movement.

If you parted the watch out you would be making money!

Maybe there is a market for buying complete watches and selling them in parts :g:

This was a deal i came across through someone else. the guy selling the watch was needing funds for school, Madical or Lawaschool, I can't remember. I offered him 3500.00 USD plus shipping and he took it. This was 2+ years ago, prices since have crept up a little, but I still think that you can find nice ones for less than 4K. Every time Rolex introduces a new model like the new Ceramic Sub, they raise the prices. When new prices go up, used prices go up about the same amount, percentage wise.

AFA super frankens of the 16610, i never saw the rational, when you add the cost of a new 3135 movement, dial, hands, crown/tube, bezel insert and bracelet, i guarantee you will be within 1k of a very nice used genuine 16610. Of course if the yuki 3135 proves to be a good solid movement or the superclone 3135 that TC wrote about is real, then they change the dynamics. Instead of 1500.00 USD for a used Rolex movement that will probably require a service, you substitute a 200.00 USD clone that's brand new. Now you may be in the ballpark.

OH, if only they would clone the 1570's and the 1030's i would be in a state of ultimate bliss!!