When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 returns

dieselpower

My beloved 1665 had sat in a box for over 6 months. Refusing to function. The seconds hand would move maybe 3 or 4 'ticks' then stop. I was not a happy bunny. However, a much respected fellow member offered to take a look at it. I gratefully sent the piece to him. He kept me informed of the situation, cured the problem. Checked the watch for watertightness (3 atm) and today it landed back where it belongs - on my wrist. Whilst admiring it I noticed that the handset is different to my new MBW 5513 and I was wondering what you experts thought of it? I had the watch built many years ago and can't honestly remember if I replaced the old MBW hands or not (I think not) so the questions are these - is this an old MBW handset and do you think it's worth replacing them? I have a TC handset which I think I will put on my 5513 along with a new dial. Anyway here she is in all her glory:

Specs:

Old school MBW case, shaved CG's and aged caseback.

Drilled lugs with 2mm bars.

Ubi DWO.

Replaced insert (can't remember which one) plus Ofrei pearl.

Slow beat ETA.

WSO 580 endlinks on old MBW 7206.

Gen 703 tube and crown.

post-2563-0-17990900-1348223207_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...
it is indeed a clarks set, it has the very characteristic hour and minute hand of clarks. TCs are good, but probably wouldnt match the luminosity of the dial.

The lume on TC hands is a perfect match for a service lumi dial. Very good lume indeed