When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Galaxy S3 or Iphone5?

Dave123

Good evening gents,hope all has been well. :)

As a true Canadian,i have stucked with BB for as long as i can stand it,no longer can stand it. My Torch is a freezing up machine,and though BB10 will be available some day,i cant wait nor am excited.

So the obvious question in the title,i know nothing about Iphones (aside from women and children seem to like them here) or androids (aside from them being the size of a newspaper,doing the Al Bundy under the arm with these as i head to the washroom)

I use my BB for emails (i own a business),BBM,social networks etc...some games,thats about it. Dont care about drop tests,im not clumsy.

Whats the best to go with in your opinion? I'm going to get one of these,i have no clue about either,aside from them both being a big deal these days.

Thanks for any thoughts. Dave.

It's a bit farfetched to expect a detailed review and comparison in a watch replica forum. You'll either be ignored or end up with a loooong thread of fanboys flaming each other.

If you want to make an informed decision you'll be better off using Google. Check for Walt Mossberg's reviews at the WSJ.

Edited by rickdangerous

if you dont like to tinker and want something that just does what it needs to do get an iphone, im sure youll enjoy it, it combines phone calling and entertainment.

if you want more flexibility, am novice to power user and enjoy geeking around with technology the S3 will be a delight.

best of all, check out both, ask important questions and establish what needs are specific to you.

is it battery life?

is it screen size?

is it speaker phone volume?

is it storage expandability?

is it processing power?

is it size, finish?

camera quality?

apps?

cross compatibility and connectivity

etc etc

review here:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3

hardware specs compared between the two here:

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-spec-comparison/

Having had both the S3 and an iPhone 5...

As a standalone phone, the S3 is a little better.

As someone with an iMac, Apple TV and iPad, the iPhone fits my life better and the benefit of easily shared content outweighs the slight downgrade in screen-size and open source-ness. It is the first iPhone I can say that about, I've been BB then android prior to getting this. Echoing sentiment above, the camera is amaze-balls too!

Sooooooo - the choice be yours.

Have had the s3 a couple days now. The screen is great,if i was a photographer,i guess i would be happy,a video game guy,this is the [censored].

As for email,twitter and fb,the BB is far superior. Its taking me forever to get my email accounts to work on this phone,with BB you just add your addy and pass and its hooked up,this s3 wants to know what POP etc and if im on my homes wifi,doesnt work,only my phones server. Taking me a while with tech support just to get emails working,with BB this is simple.

Twitter for BB,it shows pics that people put up,this i get links to pics,if i want to read mentions of a user,i cant find how to do that,with BB that was right there,simple.

Swype is cool,loaded that,but miss the keyboard. Damn i hope bb10 comes out a winner so i can give this s3 the home it deserves,with my 12 year old.

Just beginner thoughts of the android here.

As for email,twitter and fb,the BB is far superior. Its taking me forever to get my email accounts to work on this phone,with BB you just add your addy and pass and its hooked up

thats how it worked for me with the Galaxy, user name and pword, no POP3 mucking about

what accounts are you trying to add?