When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Talk me into or out of ROO Rose gold

RBT1680

I have been looking for some time now at the ROO and now with the recent shortage I feel the need to finally pull the trigger on one as soon as they become available? :) I prefer the black dial so the grey themes and the chronopassion are obviuos choices being good reps and the fact that they are SS. But I keep finding myself going back the the rose gold. The black rubber bezel and rubber strap complement the rose gold and really represents an AP to me. That brings me to my debate. I know that SS is the best choice, its a rep after all and the quality of the rose gold plating is questionable. If I'm going to drop $500+ I would like some longevity. Any long time Rose gold owners out there please lend me your thoughts as well as any long time ROO owners. Did you have buyers remorse? Or are they a truly worth it? I am not going let myself get obsessed with the macro details I just really like the look.

Thanks to every one for your time, advice and help.

• Like 1

I own a gen AP ROO RG rubberclad and a rep rose gold JPM.

I love them both.

The plating on my rep has been good to me, and there are no signs of fade.

One thing though..if you know your watches, pick up any rep rose gold ROO and you would know its not a gen.

The weight is simply too light in your hands. Other than that, they are visually very pleasing.

No regrets for me personally.

Is the color of the gold fairly close? In truth the weight differential has always scared me away. Some people have tried to increase the weight by making movement rings out of heavier materials and at some point people have elected to start with heavier metals for the base case and then plate that.

Is the color of the gold fairly close? In truth the weight differential has always scared me away. Some people have tried to increase the weight by making movement rings out of heavier materials and at some point people have elected to start with heavier metals for the base case and then plate that.

The color of the gold is close enough to satisfy visual inspection W... but you're right, the weight diff is to me an obvious tell.

But then again, when I have a RG ROO Rep on my wrist, it stays on my wrist!! :D

Thanks guys in regards to the plating. Its good to know it will hold up. As far as the internals and other moving parts how is the quality? If any thing were to break can it be fixed easily? Or is it a huge hassle sourcing parts?

Whether RG or SS, the internal parts are the same. Quality is decent but for A7750 sec@12, it is good if you can get the watch serviced.