When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO (diver) SS with Bracelet

I still haven't bought a watch because I like the AP ROO diver too much and I'm not sure if it will fit. I did some 'research' on small wrists, but the smallest wrist/AP ROO - combo is 7.5" (mine is 6.9").

The reason I want the SS bracelet is because I don't like rubber straps...

Is someone with an AP ROO (diver) willing to help me out and measure the bracelet on its tightest fit (all possible links removed) and the length of the case (shown below)?

Hey M, as stated, you would be able to take the diver on your wrist if you can take the panerai..

Sorry I can't help you with the case measurement as I am travelling currently. :)

I know, but I just received a message from a member claiming he has an 8" wrist and it was too big for him :confused:

Diff

I know, but I just received a message from a member claiming he has an 8" wrist and it was too big for him :confused:

entirely possible, as each person has a preference over what he finds "too big".. The same watch would look different on different wrists..

It all depends on what your own preference is mate. I saw the picture of the panerai on your wrist, looks good to me. The diver would look about the same size on your wrist.

Another related fact: you might find it difficult to purchase a diver V3 now.. it seems to be out of stock everywhere!

good luck matey!

Diff

entirely possible, as each person has a preference over what he finds "too big".. The same watch would look different on different wrists..

It all depends on what your own preference is mate. I saw the picture of the panerai on your wrist, looks good to me. The diver would look about the same size on your wrist.

Another related fact: you might find it difficult to purchase a diver V3 now.. it seems to be out of stock everywhere!

good luck matey!

Hmmmm... Thanks! I need to save up first anyway(anyone in need for a webdesign?), so I have time to wait for it to be back in stock :)

Maybe meanwhile a v4 will be released with superlume haha!

Hmmmm... Thanks! I need to save up first anyway(anyone in need for a webdesign?), so I have time to wait for it to be back in stock :)

Maybe meanwhile a v4 will be released with superlume haha!

There was indeed talk of a V4.. but like all things chinese, we can only keep our fingers crossed. ;)

The sizing is all personal preferences. At 6.9 inches I think it would look fine. They do wear like PAM's albeit they sit somewhat higher. Most people don't have 7.5" wrists. My wrist is about 7.25" (I have plenty of pics up in various loops so you can take a look) and although I don't currently have a bracelet on a watch it should certainly go small enough with links removed. I have worn both rep and gen bracelets in the past. I would try leather or croc rather than a bracelet though. AP rep bracelets are not particularly adjustable (no Rolex micro adjustment) so they are tough to get a good "loose" fit. My 2 cents.

Hmm... V4 sometime early next year maybe?

My wrist is 6" and I happened to walk by an AD on Sunday so I walked in and tried it on. It works with a small wrist as much as 44mm Panerai does. But the rubber strap needs an extra hole for me, or a genuine XS strap.

By the way, I liked the Gen a lot. Definitely will get the rep, maybe sometime next year.

Hmm... V4 sometime early next year maybe?

My wrist is 6" and I happened to walk by an AD on Sunday so I walked in and tried it on. It works with a small wrist as much as 44mm Panerai does. But the rubber strap needs an extra hole for me, or a genuine XS strap.

By the way, I liked the Gen a lot. Definitely will get the rep, maybe sometime next year.

Did you and your wrist tried it on with the SS bracelet or the rubber?

In regards to the SS bracelet and taking out links. It would be best if someone who has it can measure it somehow for you. I think with your wrist you should be fine. A problem is for guys like me.

For instance with Panerai, even when I took all possible links out, it was still a bit too big, enough to bother me and was not comfortable. I would say good for 6.5" and up but not for 6".

I have this really great OEM bracelet I have to put up on sale.

Another thing to think of is that bigger watches become quite heavy with bracelets and may not be comfortable. I think that Diver with rubber strap is a way to go. With 6.9" you will not have to add extra hole.

In regards to the SS bracelet and taking out links. It would be best if someone who has it can measure it somehow for you. I think with your wrist you should be fine. A problem is for guys like me.

For instance with Panerai, even when I took all possible links out, it was still a bit too big, enough to bother me and was not comfortable. I would say good for 6.5" and up but not for 6".

I have this really great OEM bracelet I have to put up on sale.

Another thing to think of is that bigger watches become quite heavy with bracelets and may not be comfortable. I think that Diver with rubber strap is a way to go. With 6.9" you will not have to add extra hole.

I guess i'll just go with the rubber then (yes I'm starting to like it). And if that's too big I'll order a small (or do I need XS??) strap at an AD. They won't be asking serial numbers and stuff right??