When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Black dial question

Akira

I was checking the Daytona a LIB book and came across a dial that confuses me.

There is the 6240 black dial

6240_4_zps850cfd8c.jpg

6240_7_zpsf54f05e3.jpg

The 6263 black dial with red Daytona

00-035_zpsec089252.jpg

00-036_zpsdcbc67cf.jpg

But also a black ROC dial without the O' before and after 'T swiss T'

Is this a legit dial? Service maybe? And was it used in a 6240 or 6263-5?

00-027_zpsd4170cd5.jpg

00-028_zps6a41dac3.jpg

If one of the suppliers like Phong, DW or Ingod would make one - would you be interested?

I personally hate the red DAYTONA print :)

Thanks

Akira

Interested? I'd be chewing their hands off! Thanks for the brilliant photos by the way, I think we all need good clear large dial images for our records.

DW aswered me today, saying he can produce one for around $200. But his stock photos are so blurry and I find him difficult to communicate.

As for the dial pics, I have them all in that quality ;)

I know, but still I ask the same question, because all these lovely dials are made for V72's and that brings them into big bucks land overall for the watch. What I'd love to see is a good quality, well designed dial that accomodates a 7750. Thus bringing down the cost of the finished watch by a huge amount. This saving could then be spent on a great case, gen plexi, crown, tube etc etc and net result? A fantastic rep with many gen parts for a reasonable cost. Isn't that what we're supposed to be about?

• 2 years later...

slight differences.. These cover the vintage screw pushers for 62xx daytonas.

P300 - No grooves on Collar (bottom) or Cap (top). The rigids/threads are more square or hat top. These are also called proto-type and can cost $1500-2000 EACH.

P301 - No grooves on Collar (bottom) or Cap (top). The rigids/threads are peaked like all screw pushers to follow. I have looked for a cheap set but they range from $1400-1600 a pair.

P302 - There is a groove on the collar and cap. The rigids are peaked. These sell for $200-500 each

I have a assortment of gen/rep parts/complete pushers for p301, p302s and phong p302s. i am trying to build a mixed p301 out of gen/rep parts.