When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC SW200 or A2824

iceshark099

I picked one up from Andrew with the ETA Clone (A2824), and it is running perfect. Put it on my timing machine and there is only 0.1ms of beat error (excellent) and is running about +12 (same as my Doxa's and Seikos from the factory).

Adding $100 is going to push that close to $500.00! I do not see the value. If the ETA clone dies in a few years, it is a simple R&R.

• 2 months later...

Frankly the Asian clone movements are getting better, as the chinese rep manufacturers continue to evolve their products.

You can get the Swiss movement if you decide to go for long term reliability (it needs to be serviced as well for reliability) or Asian clone movement if its a watch that you'll likely trade or sell in a few months. I have 2 Rolexes with Asian clone movements and they work great, keeping good time and having good power reserve. Depending on the price of the watch, $100 can be a good price or a slightly hefty one to pay for an "upgrade" to SW200 movement.  

• 2 weeks later...