When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5510 Questions

msp

You have to ask phong those questions. The dial will fit an eta if the feet are clipped, I know that much. Find gilt hands and then have them relumed by zig to match the dial plots. And zig can reshape the case from phong while he's at it to give it a curvier gen look. You will have a winner with that combo

Also Yuki if you're using an ETA mvmt. Hands are all over the place since Rolex would replace them with newer parts during servicing, so rhodium or gilt and the various types of seconds hands are all correct.

Thanks ! I thought about using an ETA 2846.

So here's the to do list:

Phong case

Minhq dial

Aftermarket Brevet Crown.. will do for now

Gilt hands

ETA 2846 .. Although a gen 1530 is tempting...

Gen crystal.. A must have imho

Aged Aftermarket

Aftermarket bezel

Does anyone know the references for the crystal of a 5510 ? I believe it's Tropic 19..

I also got no clue for the braceletband end links so far

Edited by msp

Are you sure the T17 you tried was gen (& the case was a 5510)? Removing a crystal from a sealed package is no longer a 100% guarantee of authenticity. On the other hand, if you are sure it was gen, then you should let Phong know since 1 of his claims to fame (& reason for charging the prices he does) is that his cases are made to gen specs & will accept all the correct gen parts.

CC33, that 5510 looks great. I've got a very similar project but it's a 6536/1 that a lot of member here gave me great pointers. It's with a modder on here and I hope to have it by the end of the year.

Just another dial to consider is the ingod dial. It's not the greatest as the gilt coloring isn't very bright and the dial isn't glossy, but for the price I think the dial print doesn't look that bad (positioning and fonts):

RL-D_001_a__93197.1327499295.1280.1280.jpg