When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Comex SeaDweller

TgfRulez

Well the last genuine Comex case back that i saw for sale, for a 16610, was 4500 Euros!! So i would say a genuine is out. I don't know about getting one that looks authentic, because the ones I saw didn't have the usual Rolex engraving around the border, they had a small Rolex crown on either side and the word COMEX in all caps across the middle of the back. Also some appear to be personalized with the divers name as well as a date, probably the issue date, some had a number only, which would probably correspond to the number within that issue group(Comex bought watches in batches, around 150-200 at a time). If you google "COMEX, you will get lots of hits and some really good photos. Comex SD's and subs are pretty rare birds, considering that only a small number were produced, and they were used every day under pretty grueling conditions.

Hope this helps

You can buy a whole MBW case for the price of Phong CB. I know a member who has a whole MBW case for sale, but he's asking $450

And there is a GENUINE 1665 case back in the possession of a dealer of mine, he's asking $1,250

Sent from my  using Tapatalk

Wow!! I would rather get the best available dial. $1,250 for something no one will see!!!

I have to agree with you.. You can get yourself a handsome dial for that amount. But you need to act fast. Prices are becoming ridiculous..

Mine has cost me $1,600 (it's a rare MK1 with patina). A week later the dealer I got it from offered me $2k for it. I had to resist..

Sent from my  using Tapatalk