When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What version Deepsea is this?

evobatman

I ordered a Deepsea V7 from one of the TDs, but I am not sure at all if that is what I got. The serial no. on the rehaut is M660304, which some googling seems to reveal to be an old Trevor model. The lume on the dial is green, while the pearl is blue. And also, the bezel insert appears to be made with a very very fine grey grain in it, whereas my submariners ceramic insert is a perfect smooth black. The OGEV/RLS text is slightly askew, it is centered between the ES and CK, and I have never seen that in any picture of any Deepsea rep.

Question is, has anyone ever heard of a bezel insert like that? Where can I get an insert that is perfectly black, like the one on my sub? Why is the dial green? Can the OGEV/RLS text be fixed? And what version rep even is this at all?

Ask to see the back. With that bad lume color, and the shit triangle if the locking ring on the case back is NOT brushed (and is polished) this is a v2 Cartel edition from 3 or 4 years ago.

If this is a "new" version, then some retard has combined the worst parts of the Cartel and Trevor (EuroTimez) watches to create this abortion.

The caseback ring is brushed.

What you appear to have here is a Cartel-style dial and case set with a EuroTimez-style ceramic bezel insert. That is why you have the dramatic lume color mis-match.

I did not remember when I made my original post, but the only time this combination was available from a legitimate dealer was four years ago during the "BAD 10" troubles. The Cartel received an entire shipment of DSSDs with crooked 10 numerals on the ceramic bezel. They replaced the bezels with Eurotimez-style bezels until their normal factory fixed the issue. You will see some dealers who are very very lazy about updating their web site still have the words "no BAD 10" in their descriptions for the DSSD they carry, even tho it was 4 years ago.

The bezel insert is held in with either double sided sticky tape or rubberized adhesive. I accidentally removed mine a few years ago by polishing the watch. The chemical in Cape Cod polishing cloths dissolved the glue!

If you have a "favorite dealer" you could certainly ask them to sell you a new NoobFactory Ultimate DSSD bezel insert. If they can not, try another dealer. Spare parts are not impossible to get, but you often have to ask a few different people to get them.

BK and his watch modder associate may be your best bet. They sell and mod NoobFactory DSSDs.

• 2 weeks later...