When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forgive Me Rwg

swdivad

Well, the U1 I've always wanted just arrived today... Just as I thought, it's so ugly that it's beautiful... Also, being a Panerai addict, this is not too big AND not too small for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This came on a wonderful rubber strap... Very comfortable and extremely secure, excellent quality deployant and every bit the look and feel of German engineering. :)

The steel used on the 'U' range is made fro German submarine steel, which is made by a special proprietary process that has not been duplicated anywhere... It is then put through what Sinn calls 'tegimenting' which is similar to shot-peening, which hardens the outside surface of the case to several times that of normal steel.

There ain't no scratchin' this baby! Sinn is the epitome manufacturer of tool watches IMO, they churn out real workhorses at an amazing rate, for all types of situations and conditions; From diving very deep (this is rated at 100 bar) to hiking across the polar caps, Sinn has a watch for everything :victory:

The dial is sharply printed, very legible, and crystal clear. The crystal is double AR coated and perfectly flat.

I have to reiterate what others have said... If anyone is looking for a great genuine watch at a very good price, these can be had for about a thousand bucks, and well worth every cent, as some have mentioned on this forum and many others as well. There's several of these on this forum now :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I reckon this would find itself right at home on Nanuq's wrist, and I don't think it would even flinch being dropped off a cliff or driven over by a mere Land Rover!! :yu:

Anyway, please enjoy some shots of this awesome newfound ultimate beater... a watch only a father could love ;)

150502-14826.jpg

150502-14827.jpg

150502-14828.jpg

150502-14829.jpg

150502-14830.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...