When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My IWC 3717, a long but worthwhile journey

Frankie

One of my must have watches is the 3717 so last year I finally got one from Trusty and instantly knew it was a keeper, since then it has been well traveled and modded until I had the near perfect 3717.

First I got a gen dial and hands from Concepta, it then went to Domi in Germany to have it fitted.

Got it back and enjoyed it for a few months but wanted to take it further so saved and bought a gen case,

This time it came back looking superb and the love affair started all over again......... for a few months. Another investment and I ended up with a gen day/date wheel to finish the watch off along with a genuine swiss 7750 movement supplied by Domi. I now have what I feel is the perfect 3717 other than having a gen IWC movement but cannot see the point as it keeps perfect time having been serviced/ pampered and calibrated by Domi.

The watch looks perfect on the bracelet but the well documented hole in the clasp always bugged me so wore it on a TWB strap......... that was until I found out that dB2 did the perfect mod to hide the hole, so bracelet went over to the States and here now are the final results and sorry Kleber555 I cannot be tempted to sell it

I would like to say a heart felt thanks to Concepta and Hacra for the genuine parts, Domi for his superb work and craftsmanship and dB2 for the superb job he did on the bracelet. Thanks guys :)

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg