When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It started with a sentence...

kramerica2

Ever since you were young, you loved watches. Hard to say exactly why, but they've always meant something special for you.

You still remember that watch your grandfather gave you on your 10th birthday, a simple Casio digital watch, that was so cool, It even had a stopwatch. As you grow older, you're cycling simple, cool watches - some G-Shocks, Swatch and even an analog Citizen.

You're 21, cellphones are almost everywhere, you don't wear a wristwatch anymore. Who needs them? You still give the occasional glance at luxury watches' ads, and know that you want them. You also think that you'll never be stupid enough to spend that kind of money for them.

Time goes by, you still pause for a second on the occasional ad you see, or as you pass by those luxurious stores, but you still know that you're never going to buy one.

You're 27, going on a trip abroad with some friends. Walking in the streets you pass by an Omega boutique, and then your friend says something that's going to change a big part of your life, he says: "Let's go in for a second...".

You're hooked. You know it's just a matter of time, but how can you afford it?

You get back home, and you start thinking - Maybe there are good reps that you can somehow get. As usual. Google is your friend. You find some info, but it's seems fishy. Articles about the difference between AA and AAA, with links for purchase. You're trying to find a forum about rep watches, but what kind of people would deal with reps online?

And then you find RWG....

Fast Forward 4 years - You're looking for your third gen, you're buying and selling reps, you're browsing RWG (and even those other forums) daily, looking for yet another "100% 1:1 AAA+ MADE FROM GENUINE" watch, and waiting for them to finally get that pearl right for crying out loud!!!

This is just something I thought about today, how it all began.. felt like sharing, hope it made you think about you're beginning.

PS - Not a native English "speaker", so please forgive any mistakes.

PS 2 - That friend never bought a watch....

• Like 2

Being a bit older always had a watch, I was over 35 before they had cell phones. Well maybe CEO's & they were huge back then. That being said I try very hard to get people back into them, buy my sons watches regularly they wear sometimes......... :bangin: Talk to guys in their 40s "hey where is your watch?", "use my phone", shake head :doh: . As men do not wear jewelry in most cases :euro: it is about all we have unless you go the MR T route :nono:

I hope more of those "sentence" moments happen for the young guys, they don't know what they are missing. :partytime: