When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Rules of The Road: Forum Etiquette

panerai153

It's ture....mostly newbs do stuff like this. But not always. I still feel this Is more about comon sense than anything else. Would you stick your dick In a meat grinder? I can't speak for anyone else here....but I would not think this would be a good idea. Would I post my rep on a gen site? No....another very bad idea.

A few years back a couple guys at Rep Geek.. I think....I don't know the exact details. But they took there super whatever the fuck It was Rolex to a gen site for all to admire.  The the sole purpose to see If they could pass It off as a gen.....and they almost got away with It. But as always...they were called out on something and shown the door. It's not always the newb. These guys had been around quite a while There have been several examples here and elsewhere that bare this fact out.

You know If your watch Is the real thing or not..so again....keep your shit In the right box. If you have a gen Rolex than fine....knock your self out at those gen sites. If It's a rep than keep that shit here or at the other rep sites. Common fucking sense. Now where's my meat grinder? ;)

Mike

ouch, you post the most painful stuff...  I prefer this bro

dick-in-a-box.gif

[censored] in a meat grinder....!!   I bet you are a barrel of laughs on a Saturday night Mike!!  ;)

But the analogy is off mate.... because the consequence of the actions isnt as drastic... and to assume common sense in anyone is a fatal mistake to make ;)

Thankfully common sense does prevail here generally but more by luck than judgement ;)

We will never escape the guys who see this hobby as some sort of ego trip or justify their posts on gen forums as educational or experimental to underline a lack of gen knowledge etc..

I think before this one it was a rep 390 I saw posted up on the gen forum as a "gift.." blah blah...

The answer to these sorts of guys is ....

There aint one... you cant spot them till the horse has bolted.... so to speak...

But there is a case for some way to ensure new members are encouraged to read the introduction threads and learn to get round the place... that I believe is our responsibility as a community... maybe in our responses to first posts or introduction posts etc... I aint sure...

Maybe there is an arguement for cloaking thsi site in a more effective way... who knows..I am sure its has been discussed before..

And I am sure all of you will agree dispite the need for RWG to be out there...there is an increased interest in these sorts of sites and the info they contain which could very well ensure its demise in the current climate of anti-counterfeiting measures...

At the moment I am sure this site and others has been and is more so now being used as a source of info and intel for interested parties especially as some particular brands in rep terms become better and more accurate...

Though regardless of this particular issue I still get more annoyed at the guys who join on here post thier first thread about where and what  is the best and most accurate and then trot off to order get disappointed because the service isnt the same as buying from a high street shop and then decide to make waves through PP claims... declarations of scamming and all the other ..or that the watch isnt as perfect as it should and isnt a 100% gen like and decide they want a refund..blah blah !!

And then theres the QC pics...and the threads and PMs .... Grrrrrr!!

:)

It is so sad that some (or many) noobs don't like to read, research and learn! They don't know what they are missing!!! For me - and I am also a very noob in the rep collecting game - it is a great pleasure to read all this valuable informations, and I am very thankful that experienced members share all this information - for free!!!! And some threads are also pure entertainment, so sit back, relax, enjoy and read, read, read - it is really worth the time, and it is absolutely interesting!

[censored] in a meat grinder....!!   I bet you are a barrel of laughs on a Saturday night Mike!!  ;)

But the analogy is off mate.... because the consequence of the actions isnt as drastic... and to assume common sense in anyone is a fatal mistake to make ;)

Thankfully common sense does prevail here generally but more by luck than judgement ;)

We will never escape the guys who see this hobby as some sort of ego trip or justify their posts on gen forums as educational or experimental to underline a lack of gen knowledge etc..

I think before this one it was a rep 390 I saw posted up on the gen forum as a "gift.." blah blah...

The answer to these sorts of guys is ....

There aint one... you cant spot them till the horse has bolted.... so to speak...

But there is a case for some way to ensure new members are encouraged to read the introduction threads and learn to get round the place... that I believe is our responsibility as a community... maybe in our responses to first posts or introduction posts etc... I aint sure...

Maybe there is an arguement for cloaking thsi site in a more effective way... who knows..I am sure its has been discussed before..

And I am sure all of you will agree dispite the need for RWG to be out there...there is an increased interest in these sorts of sites and the info they contain which could very well ensure its demise in the current climate of anti-counterfeiting measures...

At the moment I am sure this site and others has been and is more so now being used as a source of info and intel for interested parties especially as some particular brands in rep terms become better and more accurate...

Though regardless of this particular issue I still get more annoyed at the guys who join on here post thier first thread about where and what  is the best and most accurate and then trot off to order get disappointed because the service isnt the same as buying from a high street shop and then decide to make waves through PP claims... declarations of scamming and all the other ..or that the watch isnt as perfect as it should and isnt a 100% gen like and decide they want a refund..blah blah !!

And then theres the QC pics...and the threads and PMs .... Grrrrrr!!

:)

Well Pete....then I guess we have to agree to disagree. :)  The meat grinder thing Is on friday nights btw. ;)

Fridays....!!!! No wonder I aint getting the pics from across the road !!

I aint agreeing to that.... I am not agreeing to disagree about any agreeing or disagreeing regardless of whether I have previously given any inferenece that I am agreeing or disagreeing...indeed I agree that I disagree with any disagreement I have with anything i have agreed to or any of  those agreements or disagreements of others who also may or may not agree or disagree with any agreeing or disagreeing on the part of myself or others.. in fact I disagree that I agree to disagree and do agree that I have not agreed to disagree to any other agreement or disagreement previously mentioned or implied..

I trust that settles the matter.. :)