When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm Planet Ocean vs. NOS Vintage Seamaster 300

mmallers

Everyone,

I know this topic probably does not belong here but seeing how your RWG'ers know wayyyy more about watches then 99% of the gen owners I would love your opinion.

I have the opportunity to purchase a 45mm planet ocean (black bezel and white numbering, 2006 model). I also have the opportunity to purchase a NOS Vintage Seamaster 300. Unfortunately i only have the funds to choose 1, and they are both priced at $2,000.

I was looking for a little direction if anyone has an opinion. Personally, I like the look of the vintage 300, but the price of the PO is very good.

I look forward to hearing from you.

BTW, when i purchase one of these which will be by the end of the week, I am going to sell my 1665. I have only had it for a few weeks but bought from a reputable member. Please see the below link:

it is the MBW 1665. So if any of you that post are interested please let me know

thanks

I think I may be leaning towards the 300. Something about the vintage is just awesome to me. Also, the PO is a 45mm head which i would prefer the 42mm and it has the black rubber strap rather than the steel. Quaresma yours really is a beauty, that might be the icing on the cake for me. This one does not have the date function. Looks like likability is going to take precense over the "better price". I guess i can always franken a UPO for a decent price too.

Get the 300! Fantastic watch, I love the PO but if you are already leaning to the 300 then go for it, you won't regret it. These are getting hard to find and with watchco selling off all old stock right now you might not get a nos one again. The PO is a beauty, but if you don't love the watch then you can put together a very good franken later for about $500 ish, give or take a couple of hundred bucks.

Good on ya mm Great choice    :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  only great things come out of Australia mate !!     

A deluded Auzzie........... I guess the medication was wearing off..!!!!!  ;) ;) :)

Congrats upon your choice mate...sweet watch and much nicer than the PO IMHO.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well gents, im sad to say this, but i received the Watcho Seamaster 300 no date today and i dont love it. i really really really thought i would, especially with your tutorial quaresma7. I guess it just feels somewhat dainty. And for the $2,200 USD price tag im not sure if it is a keeper. I will post pictures when i get home tonight.

If anyone is interested in purchasing please PM me. It is still unwrapped, with full receipts and infomraiton. Im going to give it a few days and if i dont change my mind put it in the for sale section.

Thanks again for all your help!

Yea i was going to sell my Rolex 1665 Vintage Great White MBW and my PO V5 Fraken project to fund this baby and I almost sold them both before i received the WatchCo 300 and I am glad i decided to wait and make sure I liked it.

I know many of you love it, and i do love the look as well. Just the feel isnt quite there for me. Atleast not at that price