When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last 16610 with lugholes?

danielv2000

"P" series, year 2000 has lugholes. What new clasp? the P series had the fliplock, I don't believe they changed the clasp when they eliminated the lugholes. I think the oyster fliplock bracelet remained the same until the 16610 was replaced by the 116610 which has the "glidelock" clasp.

In around 2003 (and possibly a little before) they started introducing the SEL 93250 (Fliplock) bracelet to replace the hollow end-link 93150.  This would also be accompanied with "SWISS MADE" SL dials and LEC crystals so these would be the last 16610s with lugholes.  After that was the 16610T (according to the case engraving) with no lugholes but still the same fliplock clasp of old.  When the 116610 was introduced in '08 (I think) the sub started wearing the new Glidelock clasp.

This is exclusive of the 14060 no-date sub which has had lugholes and a hollow end-link 14060 for it's entire life.  This will of course change with the introduction of the 114060 ceramic no-date sub but I don't know if they've completely phased out the 14060 yet.

I hope that helps!

~Brendan