When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my 5513, all together & making me sad, help

lionsandtigers

Here's a pic of the 5513 all together.

Gen Dial

Gen 1560 Movement

Gen Crown/tube (gen stem)

Gen Crystal

MBW Polex 5513 case from a few years ago

Aftermarket Hands and insert

So she looks great, and she's ticking, but she's not changing time. Seconds hand goes around and around and around and the hour and minutes stay in the exact same place.

Either I did something wrong or these are not the right hands for the 1560, although they should be.

Thoughts? Should I send it off to one of the members here to be put together properly, and if so, who's doing that now?

post-2625-0-02893400-1355435581_thumb.jp

If you can set the time with the crown but the hands don't move over time, then your cannon pinion is loose of the center wheel. It is eithet not seated properly or it simply needs to be tightened.

Score, that was my first guess

Cannon pinion needs to be re-crimped would be my guess.

any idea how i would do that or should i leave it to someone who knows what theyre doing

Well swapping it out is a simple matter of removing the dial and hands, swapping the part, and reassembling. But since it's a Rolex part I bet spares are hard to find.

Re-crimping should definitely be left to an expert.

You would need to take the dial and hands off to first check. See if the minute wheel is meshing with the cannon pinion. If not. that is your problem. If it is meshing with the minute wheel, it will need to be tightened. If you have access to a staking set and know how to use it, you can do it.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Sad when you have such a nice watch mate!!! I can feel you!!! But remember, thouse that wait for somthing special, never waits to long ;)

Hope you get it fixed soon, i need to see a wrist pic of it :)

good news is i found a watchmaker here in the city to service and overhaul the movement, even though its in a rep case, for a very good price as well as put a set of proper hands on and I'll have it back in a week. this guy may be inclined to work on reps, so anyone who's interested I will pass on the info, the rest is up to you

Guest zeleni kukuruz
good news is i found a watchmaker here in the city to service and overhaul the movement, even though its in a rep case, for a very good price as well as put a set of proper hands on and I'll have it back in a week. this guy may be inclined to work on reps, so anyone who's interested I will pass on the info, the rest is up to you

Just like i said, if you wait for something special the wait is never to long :)

Glad it worked out!!! Looking forward to a wrist pic!