When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help - Gen Vintage Tudor Subs - how do these look?

Reginald37

Not an expert, just a fan. I'm thinking about picking one of these up. Looks good, legit, which one?

Opinions really welcome.

Thanks

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/message/1355669171/FS+Christmas+Sale+Tudor+Submariner+9411-0+Snowflake+Matt+blue+dial---US2450+SHIPPED

http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=268159

Thanks, appreciate it

I looked at both. I believe the Blue dial is the better deal. Early Tudors, I believe the early 9410 - 9411's had dial problems. The second one, the black dial is showing some serious bubbling, which could eventually become paint flaking.

Blue dial seller is Ray. Good guy to deal with. Just purchased a 9401 from him. Think it's the third I've bought from him over the years. He's bought from me and I from him. Easy to deal with. He will stand behind his product. The 9401 had rep hands on it. We didn't notice this until I had it. Sent him some pics. He was not happy. He sourced a set of correct hands with matching lume and sent them via express. Received them today and installed them. Good to go. 

Easy to deal with and will negotiate. hint: you can probably get a good deal on that sub. Remember he's from Hong Kong and will negotiate. Just shoot him an email and tell him to just name his low price. Saves some time. That's how I do it. 

My recommendation while reviewing VRF is to avoid the seller Derek. He has been questioned in the past about "coloring" the lume on his subs that he sells. No proof but enough questioning to make you wonder. Case has seen a polishing and has some bubbling but not bad. Little ewear on the internal side of the lugs which is good.

Avoid the black dial as it has some serious dial rot.

Edited by gavidoc