When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal oak classic

shad0w

Hi there! So the diver's a super rep and the safari is pretty dang close so... Is there a flawless or nearly flawless rep of the classic AP Royal oak? I love the diver and all but I'm a big fan of formal & dressy watches. Breguet and vacheron constantin are my brands of choice... But now with my new found obsession with APs. I'd love to get a royal oak as thin as they really are on leather...

The closest Royal Oak in my opinion is the 14790 black dial. It has a closed caseback but it's only 36mm. I do love my white one though. Wearing it as we speak.

The 15300 is close, but you can't wear it on leather as the plots won't fit and the rep doesn't have any plots. There is an RO with faux leather strap available from the dealers but I can't remember which model.

The closest Royal Oak in my opinion is the 14790 black dial. It has a closed caseback but it's only 36mm. I do love my white one though. Wearing it as we speak.

The 15300 is close, but you can't wear it on leather as the plots won't fit and the rep doesn't have any plots. There is an RO with faux leather strap available from the dealers but I can't remember which model.

+2. It is somewhat humorous that you can't find a really good rep of the entry level Royal Oak.

Btw, I bought the 15300 that came out Nov 6th from Andrew, and I am not very happy with it. The build and the quality of the build is not as expected. The finish of the bracelet is just bad, I would advice you to stick to the Diver or even the @12 secs.

I think you had bad luck with yours. The 15300 is a great piece and accurate besides the display CB,

Cheers

J

So I did get the diver which is still on the way... Naturally I kept on looking at pictures online and I started to fall down the rabbit hole deeper and deeper.... I never paid much attention to APs previously but the more you look at it in scrutiny, the more I think its perfect! I mean the shape, the pattern on the dial. The simple elegance to it...

I got the Hublot classic fusion before and it was one of my favorite watch before selling most of my collection to fund for the diver and some other stuff. Seeing that the RO classic looks alot like the classic fusion but better, I'm looking at the most perfect rep of the simple RO classic.

• 1 month later...

Here's the thing about the 15300 and 15400 though... There is no way the display caseback will ever look remotely right.... Unfortunately that bugs me quite a bit because the 15300 and 15400 rotor is probably the most beautiful and DISCUSSED rotor I've seen in a while. Now if its the closed back I'd pick it up... But only if the finish is like the diver... You know... Super rep-esque finish....

On a side note, if they ever pull off an amazing rotor and accurate caseback on the 15300/15400.... I'd drop cash on that immediately...

• 1 month later...