When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What strap size...?

TeeJay

My wife's donating a pair of boots for me to upcycle into straps to sell.  What size(s) do folks think I should go for? ie 20mm or 24mm I'm definitely going to get one strap out of them, maybe two...  Any suggestions?

TeeJay whatever you need for yourself as far as selling one think Pams straps always needed so 24-26 for Rads your call. ( does the leather lend itself to a Pam?)

What do you think?

DSCN5282_zps9c6b5902.jpg

I won't be cutting anything for myself, as I don't really wear straps anymore, so wondered what size would be best for selling...  I think you're right about 24mm rather than 20mm :)  :good::drinks:

• 3 weeks later...

Upcycle?

I always thought that was a sexual position.....

You learn something everyday.... :)

24mm is a good choice mate..... but the thicker in this case the better.... or look at lesser/different backing and maybe some shouldering... dont box stitch either at lug end stay around 130/80 as it sits between reg and long and the hole position left till you know ... IMHO ;)

• Like 1

Upcycle?

I always thought that was a sexual position.....

You learn something everyday.... :)

24mm is a good choice mate..... but the thicker in this case the better.... or look at lesser/different backing and maybe some shouldering... dont box stitch either at lug end stay around 130/80 as it sits between reg and long and the hole position left till you know ... IMHO ;)

Thanks for the feedback, I can always do the next one without the box stitching at the lugs :)

• Like 1

I dont know why but I was thinking about sex and then thought about your strap issue !!

Yeah I know !!

Anywaz I was thinking you should try an Artillery Strap mate for one of your Rollies !

• Like 1

I dont know why but I was thinking about sex and then thought about your strap issue !!

Yeah I know !!

Anywaz I was thinking you should try an Artillery Strap mate for one of your Rollies !

It would be a good sex term, LIke Grandpa Simpson's reference to a Swedish Lunchbox :lol:

I would, but I rarely wear straps myself, and these are purely for sale, as I need the $$s :lol::good::drinks: