When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Vs Noobmariner

triplehd

Thought I post some pics of my MBW Sub and my Noob Sub. Not an expert on Subs, but with the help from Ubi, I will be able to use some of the "Noob" parts (date overlay, insert, bracelet) on my MBW as well as install the genuine crown and tube. But for now, enjoy.

Pics of the Rehault

151878-14594.jpg

Side Comparison

151878-14595.jpg

MBW Upfront

151878-14596.jpg

Noob Upfront

151878-14597.jpg

Another MBW Upclose - Date Mag 2.5x. Date font too way too bold

151878-14598.jpg

Another Noob Upfront - Date Mage doesn't seem 2.5x (I may be wrong). Awesome date font - slim and correct.

151878-14599.jpg

So, some questions to all to Rollie experts:

Q1 - From the comparison of the dials, the 6 and 9 o'clock markers are a tad wider on the MBW than the Noob. Which marker is correct?

Q2 - Is the cyclop size on the MBW too small? When comparing vs the Noob, it looks like the Noob's cyclops is bigger, but is that because the MBW's date mag 2.5x?

Q3 - Lastly, the cyclops on the Noob is not perfectly centered - seemed to be a tad to the left. Cyclops should be perfectly centered, yes? :g:

Thought I post some pics of my MBW Sub and my Noob Sub. Not an expert on Subs, but with the help from Ubi, I will be able to use some of the "Noob" parts (date overlay, insert, bracelet) on my MBW as well as install the genuine crown and tube. But for now, enjoy.

Q1 - From the comparison of the dials, the 6 and 9 o'clock markers are a tad wider on the MBW than the Noob. Which marker is correct?

Q2 - Is the cyclop size on the MBW too small? When comparing vs the Noob, it looks like the Noob's cyclops is bigger, but is that because the MBW's date mag 2.5x?

Q3 - Lastly, the cyclops on the Noob is not perfectly centered - seemed to be a tad to the left. Cyclops should be perfectly centered, yes? :g:

A1 - Noob dial is much better. The markers are better, the marker borders are slimmer and closer to gen, and the dial print/font is more accurate. When modding your MBW, steal the Noob's dial and transplant it. You will have to glue it to the spacer ring, but it will fit just fine.

A2 - No, the MBW cyclops *size* is correct, but its magnification is a bit too strong. The Noobmariner's cylops is too big compared to the gen. The best of both worlds is a cyclops sized like the MBW with the magnification strength of the Noob. These can be found for about $5.

A3 - Yes!

Lastly, a general comment on your rehaut comparison.... Both the MBW and the Noob have shallower rehaut compared to the gen. The MBW is very close, but still a bit shallow. I did a side by side by side comparison last week. :)

A1 - Noob dial is much better. The markers are better, the marker borders are slimmer and closer to gen, and the dial print/font is more accurate.

A2 - No, the MBW cyclops *size* is correct, but its magnification is a bit too strong. The Noobmariner's cylops is too big compared to the gen. The best of both worlds is a cyclops sized like the MBW with the magnification strength of the Noob. These can be found for about $5.

A3 - Yes!

Chieftang-

Thanks for the answer ! Looks like I'll swap the dials as well. Also, for my MBW datemag - do you think when swapping the dateoverlays, it would then look correct? Also, where can you find clyclops for $5 - ofrei?

Chieftang-

Thanks for the answer ! Looks like I'll swap the dials as well. Also, for my MBW datemag - do you think when swapping the dateoverlays, it would then look correct? Also, where can you find clyclops for $5 - ofrei?

I have a few extra 2.5X sapphire cyclops that are sized the same as the gen, and can spare one. The MBW magnifier is too strong.

glad to see you'll be putting the noob to work. my loss, your gain ;)

enjoy!!

My pleasure :D . Many thansk for the Noob Lions&Tigers. Before, I was only planning on using the bracelet, date overlay and the insert from the Noob. But now, I'll be swapping the dials from the Noob with the MBW.