When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying A Gen

Martyd3

It's always good to know that whichever watch you choose, you'll be covered in the event of SPILLAGE at Starbucks.

What I do like about the SD is the 4000ft=way too deep for mere mortals. I went down 90 feet this summer and next summer, I may try for 120! No helium for this boy.

I pulled the trigger on a mint Y serial SD. I just couldn't justify the Sub. I went in to my local Rolex AD this afternoon to try on the SD. I laid my unmodded (except for the bracelet which gone over and the bezel insert realigned) EL Sub on the counter and the guy never batted an eye. I even held next to the SD to see how much thicker the case was. I almost crapped when he picked it up and put it a nice velvet pad for me. His only question was if I was going to keep it or sell it? My question is why would I want to buy what I already seem to have???

post-2855-1164058760_thumb.jpg

Guest chronomat123

SEADWELLER !!!!!!!!!!

Looks much cooler on the wrist, not to mention it's bomb-proof, and not so common.

Besides, you can get a very convincing rep of the Submariner-- but not so much of the 'Dweller.

I've own a gen GMT right now and have had gen TT Sub, SS Sub, Exp 2, Exp 1 , Datejusts, and a 6694. Of all of those, as nice as they were, I have still found the SeaDweller to be my fav. When I get out of school and start making good money, that's the first thing on my list.

Good luck with your quest.

Best,

Eric