When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Repair Locations

Devedander

I think I saw something similar before but I can't find it now... just seems maybe if you have a watch repair person or shop you know handles reps and is decent, would it be a good idea to make a list of them? This way maybe people could get repairs done more quickly and easily when things go wrong.

I don't know if it's ok to list their info, but I don't see why not unless it's illegal to work on reps in your country.

Just a thought to help make things easier on the community... :g:

I think there needs to be some serious thought put into it (now that I think of it more) as responsibility will be passed around and there would be maintenance necessary for such a list as people come and go...

If the forum owners/mods want to take on responsibility then I think it could definitely be a legitimate service the forum chould provide to supporters (maybe a special section could be made for people like dealers but who were "Repair valets" or something who's make it a sort of part time job to take delivery of and oversee repair of watches in their region), but I think that would only be fair if the forum really adds value to the list... if it's just a list of helpful members willing to help others out I think it might be more righteous to leave it open to anyone who buys from our dealers... since our dealers support the forum with their dues, it seems fair that supporting the products that make their profit (and hence their dues) possible should be enough to get a basic level of community help.

Community is sometimes something best kept unbought....

But no matter what I would like to see what kind of input people have on this idea as it's likely complicated enough that a collaboration of minds would be valuable.

Edited by Devedander