When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new Richard Mille series

Legend

Anyone noticed the new Richard Mille being released recently?

They come with a "modified A7750 movement" and looks pretty mean by itself, until you compare them with the gen ones.

The date font just scream WRONG and the dial details certainly looks quite different from the gen. Also, a big unknown is the reliability of the "modified" A7750 movement. Brings to mind the early A7750 sec@12 for the AP ROOs.

Anyway, the reason I raised this topic is because I am keen to actually purchase the R.M with A7750 movements, but I guess I would wait till the subsequent improvements follow, if they come at all. 

So if anyone else has noticed the Richard Mille lately, any feedback is welcome. For me, I know nothing of R.M watches except that I like the complicated skeletal dial designs.

Legend I checked them out ,never looked at them before. Wow some busy dials! To be honest won't know a new from old but you would need a loop to figure those out I would not worry about the dials being off. As far as the movement ,yes let them get the kinks out.

I was gonna say stop yer whining, its nice to see some new styles out.  But you is well right about the font so I will shut it

1.jpg

Photoshoped Gen

RM_011_GP_Texas_01.jpg

Thing is these are crazy watches , seriously I doubt you'd ever see one or that anyone would know what they were.

The gen of the felipe-massa-texas-carbon is $100K   I mean seriously for a yellow rubber watch!!!!  INSANE 

If I had some spare cash I would happily rock one of those reps out though . I reckon they's give the AP & Hublot brigade a good run for their money 

So who is gonna give one a try ?

1.jpg

Another Gen

9314_Richard_Mille_RM11_The_Americas_TI_

Can't stand these 'brands' tbh, RM is kind of like Dewitt, maybe not as 'out there'.... I know they create some very advanced and very well made watches and do amazing things with movements, but can't help thinking they are just another niche brand who hire some very advanced master watchmakers/designers to create obscure designs and over price them primarily to get the attention of extremely rich people. Bit like Hublot, but on steroids.

I was gonna say stop yer whining, its nice to see some new styles out.  But you is well right about the font so I will shut it

1.jpg

Photoshoped Gen

RM_011_GP_Texas_01.jpg

Thing is these are crazy watches , seriously I doubt you'd ever see one or that anyone would know what they were.

The gen of the felipe-massa-texas-carbon is $100K   I mean seriously for a yellow rubber watch!!!!  INSANE 

If I had some spare cash I would happily rock one of those reps out though . I reckon they's give the AP & Hublot brigade a good run for their money 

So who is gonna give one a try ?

Another Gen

LOL yes I really like the design, but the date font, unlike the Hublot date fonts, seem to jump out at you each time you look at the watch. That was what held me back, otherwise I would have bought one.  My guess is that they would update the series with the correct font date... then, yes I would purchase one. ;)