When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This don't seem right

dieselpower

You are correct. Never saw a metal ringed pearl on a 1665 or 1680 Tritium, but this is a lumi insert, I looked at several lumi inserts on VRF, the one's  I saw did not have the pearl outside the triangle like this one. Looks more like a 16610 Insert.

Second their price is crazy. they are asking what a really nice fat font w/  creamy tritium pearl would sell for. on the VRM, the correct lumi inseerts for a 1680/1665 are all less than 250.00 USD. I am pretty skeptical of this seller, i bought a crown/tube from them a while back. supposedly for early GMT (6542). It would not screw onto the genuine tube that was already in the case. Crown threads didn't match.

I've bought a used Gen crown from this guy and it was fine, he does seem to price some parts way off mark, Tudor inserts especially! Know a couple of the guys on here have used him too with no issues afaik  ;)

That's a modern gen 16610 insert...likely just mis-labeled when it was listed.

He "does" have a pretty large supply of parts to have to list and you can be certain he knows his parts, numbers and models.

The seller is a top-notch guy.

He's stands behind customer satisfaction and honors the full refund policy.

Anthony would never intentionally steer anyone wrong. :)

Wow! I completely disagree with correctime on this. Jewelerstools doesn't know his parts, uses obscure old parts #s that I don't think Rolex has used in 20 years. At one point I had to get after him about his 702 and 703 crowns- he was totally out to lunch

Like Panerai says, this insert is totally bogus- those are 5513 sizes and it would certainly be a new turn if Rolex was to start using a new metal surround for the 5513 insert. My last replacement lumi insert for my 1680 cost me $65, but that was back in 2008. It was the all acrylic pearl. I can't see a insert costing more than $125 from Rolex even today.