When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone oil treatment their tc v3 ?

Erict719

I must not be doing it right. I used the white lightning chain lube, noticed no difference.

That's the stuff White lightning 'clean ride' (she said ;)) is awesome stuff, if you want some help with how it's done drop me a pm mate! Not sure on the peanut or Virgin oil haven't tried a virgin for a loooong while  :inverted:

That's the stuff White lightning 'clean ride' (she said ;)) is awesome stuff, if you want some help with how it's done drop me a pm mate! Not sure on the peanut or Virgin oil haven't tried a virgin for a loooong while  :inverted:

I got this as well and followed a guide over on RWI.  I didn't really feel like it made much difference, mind throwing up a quick primer on your method?

mind throwing up a quick primer on your method?

No worries mate I'll give it a try for you  :inverted: I'm sure there is a how to somewhere here for this but this is what I do

The easy way.......You'll need some 'White Lightning' or 'Rock n Roll' I think it's called, basically a bike chain lube which you can pick up at most bike stores, the one I have says it's got 'Cerflon' in it but basically it's a wax product suspended with another chemical that leaves a dry wax coating on metal as it dries ! Bored yet? No well next you need a medium sandwich type bag and the bracelet of your choice (easier when it's off the watch)............................... 

.............And then I thought I'd try a quick forum search and voila........here's the guide I used to help me from the start.......http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/93590-bracelet-rattle-fix/?view=findpost&p=881788&hl=%2Bwhite+%2Blightning

The hard way.....with much better results comes from sanding down and reshaping the bracelet then carrying out the bracelet clean and lube, link with some after pics here http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/145825-my-new-keeper-ingy/?view=findpost&p=1120904&hl=%2Bingy

Hope this helps guys :inverted:  Now have a go yourself and enjoy the nice comfy feeling of a new bracelet after you do it  ;)

I must not be doing it right. I used the white lightning chain lube, noticed no difference.

Gotta say love my watches but love my Dura Ace parts on the Bianchi more...I consider White Lightning the best chain lube out there (love the stuff ..and i really have tried everything- from Mobil 1, virgin olive oil, my own bees wax concoction..etc) ...

So sorry...only for the bike!

I will try to get some pics tmr guys. I think mines looks good now.

I got another easy way too , try that on my wm9 braclet before . Use a nail polisher, those plastic stick which have four different sanding color, use the last three sanding to do a light sand, the last color I've it a polish shine. It's easy and good.

But remember ! Lightly only!