When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PC PO 42mm SS (pics)

chango

Okay gang.  This was my first venture into the world of Reps so go easy on my naivete.  And please feel free to offer advice I can use for future purchases.  I decided to go with Perfect Clones for my first transaction although I'll try TrustyTime next.  I also decided on an Omega for my first rep because it's not as widely recognized as Rolex nor as flashy. 

Purchased the $148.00 version from Perfect Clones with the Asian 4813 movement 21J 28800 bph.  Since I was kinda skittish about buying a replica watch from China, I decided on an inexpensive model first just to see how the transaction went.  To test the waters, so to speak. 

Transaction:

I paid with PP and had to use an external site.  Totally understood the reason so it wasn't that sketchy for me.  I received the QC pics the day I placed the order on 25JAN13.  I wanted some additional angles and received more pics on 28JAN13.  Approved the QC pics on 29JAN13.  Received the watch 07FEB13.  Not bad. 

Now that I have it, this is what I think about the Watch:

I like:  Overall, I like the weight and feel of the watch.  Very solid feel to it.  It's a very nice watch and I'll have no problem wearing it.  I don't think people will look at this watch and assume it's a replica.  I'm not going to have a problem wearing it. 

I don't like: (1) The dial.  From forum research I knew there was an issue with the Omega symbol being too close to the print.  However, it was really hard to see from the QC pics.  Even when I got new pictures I couldn't really tell how high off the print the symbol was.  The real problem is that because of the mirror finish you can only see the symbol from an angle.  And at an angle it looks like it has more distance that it actually does have.  (2) The lume is lumpy in some places including inside the pip.  I could not see this from the QC pics.  (3) the movement is not as smooth as I thought it would be.  Side by side, it was only a little bit smoother than my Seiko 6309 17J 21600 bph.  (4) The clasp sucks!  It's hard as hell to get it seated.  I had to extend the wetsuit extension and reseat it so the space could accomodate the outer arm.  I don't look forward to testing my index-to-thumb grip strength every morning when I want to wear this thing.  (5) The crown doesn't feel very tight when I manipulate it to change the time or date.  The hands jump around when I engage and set the crown unless I push it in perfectly centered.  The second hand also goes backward if I move the minute hand backward.  This is weird to me.  (6) WR I can see that there is no bushing or O ring around the crown or tube so I'm pretty sure this thing will totally leak if wet. 

It's not that I hate the watch.  Not at all.  I'll probably wear this at work as an every-day wearer type of thing.  It did open my eyes to the challenging world of purchasing replica watches.  There are so many variables that it seems overwhelming.  But that's the fun part of the hobby no?

Sorry for the pics but I only had my iPhone available at the time. 

photo_zpsc215fd84.jpg

2_zpsa658c394.jpg

• Like 2

Good feedback mate, it's a good starter type 'test the waters' rep. Just a couple of things with these. The logo is close yes, but it is substantially better cut than the first versions of the watch which had the logo placed way to close and worse cut, it just didn't look good, then it was placed high for a while, looks like they move it around. The gen is low, and is pretty close to lettering also. The markers on these can be yellowish and some have better lume application than others. Also that movement the dg4813 can be rather finicky, don't get me wrong, can be a great workhorse and last for ever, but I or many others rarely like the feedback when using the crown with it, it feels awkward in time setting/date changing etc. The a2824 are better in this regard. Try not to do too much manipulation of that crown. Also the clasp is a bit crap. They are a nice rep and cheap beater rep, if you can get one that functions well you can get some good wear out of it. At the same time these are getting old now and lack substantial improvements since the first releases of them a few years ago. They are the great models for modding with gen parts to get a superrep, but out of the box, things like crown and tube can be a bit of a nightmare. tbh there are other good choices out there lately, and if buying one for wearing purposes rather than modding purposes the new version might be a better choice out of the box.

Anyway good luck on the watch choices and welcome to the forum

Nice review but now go down town and see if you can get a stainless steel watch with sapphire glass , bracelet and automatic movement for the same price I think you will stuggle As to the seconds going backwards this will happen on most mecanical movements if they are non hacking and you turn the crown with just the right amount of tourque, not to much not to little but some do it easyer then others, however you should not realy be setting the time on any machanical watch backwards as it can cause exess wear to the clutch, imagine (i know it is alot different but the theory is the same) driving the wheels of your car forward while it is be ing towed backwards. As to the crown there should be seals inside the tub and crown but not visible out side, go to the mall and ask a small battery change stall if they can test it (do not go to an AD)

Thanks for the comments! I'd like to frankenversion something in the future. If not this one maybe I'll get the 45.5 version with the ETA movement. I'm actually considering a catch and release for this watch since I also have a Bk Sub C coming. Great advice on the movement. I had no idea that goin backwards was bad. I'll try finding a repair shop to pressure test this thing. What a bummer not being able to take a diving watch into the ocean.

No replica is guaranteed water proof out of the box, regardless of what is said, it might well be, but take that it isn't an use accordingly until you can guarantee it yourself. These aren't diving watches per se, but replicas of diving watches, so work accordingly. Talking of moving the hands backwards, the eta based version will probably be a little more forgiving in this regard, but you shouldn't do it anyway. For example my gen smp black 2nd hand also jumps if I move the hands backwards, not good practise.

Also don't over expect from reps and you will do well, otherwise you will be disappointed. The seiko has outstanding QC, even the cheaper ones. Get used to the fact that some reps can be a little flakier than others and you'll be better off in the long run.

;)

Edited by cougar1